1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zzipplex rods

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by dbrown, Sep 14, 2008.

1. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

My thoughts exactly Gary. I pm,ed Dan and said the very same. I too found it a bit wanting a bit in the kelp but it still managed to cope.

2. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Interesting post there Gary....I was leaning towards using my TTR off the tops but was wondering about bite indication as the tip is not that good on them....they are a casting powerhouse but a bit lacking as a fishing tool.
    Ive spent three hours tonight absoloutely leathering my Century Fireblade (the one for sale....well maybe not now,lol) and having cracked the cast required to get the best from it, (thanks Rob again for your advice re the glass tipped firm butt rods), slowing things down and winding it up then hitting it late.....I m am sure it will make a cracking cliff top rod......lovly tip to it but a good lower section to haul the fish....the tp acting as a good cushion though for winding up........You watch it will go pop next time I use it ....lol
    Mind you it was easily coping with 7 oz leads tonight....we'll see.

Cheers Jellyworm