1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. i took a chance on buying a zziplex xtr rod its pritty mint really, i no zziplex have a good pedigree and was wondering has any 1 fished with this rod and what there like to use.

2. ste muir

ste muir New Member

Cant give a verdict on the xtr mate,but I have an HST and it is flawless and I've never had any problems.I have never heard a bad word said about any zippy mate,I'm sure you wont either.

3. thanks ste i no zziplex have a great pedigree thats why i bought it, sounds like i made the right choice, if i like it i may have to sell my brand new afaw rock to fund another zippie lol

4. Watersplatter

Watersplatter New Member

Possibly the best rod ever made for round here IMHO. Look after it.

5. sounds good glad i got it now just orderd a zziplex rod bag for it well pleased i bought it now thanks for the replys.

6. codfather911

codfather911 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I used to own a xtr till I sold it to ducky good rods really liked mine but got a century now and must say I find century a really good rod all depends on casting styles etc but for me zziplex is not everything made out to be :D

7. every 1 has there own prefrences, ive just had a quick cast over the field with mine must say im well impressed, lovely power delivery and bags of it.

just bought a brand new afaw rock week old wish id invested in another zziplex now so may shove it in classifieds see if i can get a swap for another zippie.

8. Watersplatter

Watersplatter New Member

Go careful, there's crap Zippys out there as well, the XTR is a gem as was the Quattra and Quattra sport, but thats imho.

9. smokey

smokey Rockling

I always wanted a quattra sport in my early days les,but never had the chance to own one.
    Lovely rods that would still hold it's own against all the latest breed... tight lines

10. Steve

Steve Rockling

brilliant rod casts a lead a long way my pb with one is 220yards

11. robq

robq Rockling

I have had a fair few zippies and still have a few now :yes: Terry Carrol is a master with carbon and makes some of the best rods in the world !! especially for casting.

However they are not the be all and end all that some make them out to be and I find the latest generations just do not have the "fishing tips" that some lads want.

My AFAW rock is one of the first rods I get out, over rock when I am using multiplier and mono :yes:

IMO the AFAW range are better fishing rods than the zippies and the descriptions are exactly what they say they do :yes:

Dont flog that rock rod just yet, you may regret it !!

12. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

I think the HST is a better rod but you have a good rod there

13. yeah like the xtr thats why im selling my brand new afaw rock to fund 1 or get a swap zzippies lovely rods

14. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

I have owned both quatras, the sport was to stiff for me(10stoneat the time) and i allso used the quatra match in the kelp and on the cliffs, an excelent rod, :yes: done 217yds on the field with it.

i still have my rebuilt quatra match .

15. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

I had 2 xtr and they were and r a very good rod took me a long time to find a rod that worked for me and I did. Also the original hst that I have just sold was a fantastic rod.

16. willybendit

willybendit Rockling

Think I'm missing something here if a rod is that good why would you sell it tightlines Alain

17. id like a hst after reading about them.

18. ste muir

ste muir New Member

Top rod mate.Had mine 8yrs now,cant fault it.Think hes stopped making them now so if you want one better get looking now.

19. yeah mate trying to sell my afaw rock , bought it for my son now he decides fishing isnt for him, soon as i sell my afaw rock ill fund 1, or a swap would add some cash for the right zzippie though...... bloody son lol

20. robq

robq Rockling

The original HST is quite different to the newer Dymic HST :yes:

Make sure you try before you buy as some lads dont like the newer version which is stiffer in the tip.