1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

zziplex spigot problem - Graphite Spray - Candle Wax

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by GJW, Nov 18, 2007.

1. GJW

GJW Rockling

Got a bit of a problem with the spigots on my zziplex rods i hope you can help me with...Got 2 zziplex HST's one dymic the other the older standard version both great rods the problem is the older of the two the tip and butt meet and there is a slight knock when you shake the rod and the other rod is getting close to meeting as well.... the rods are in good condition apart from that...does anyone know how or who could put it right for me, tried rubbing a candle on the spigot which works for a while but is only a quick fix was looking for something a bit more permanent as the rods have a lot more life left in them.
    Thanks... :)

2. steerser

steerser Blenny

Re: zziplex spigot problem

strip off the spigot whipping (female end) , then cut the female joint back 1/8 th of an inch, if it's still slack cut off another 1/8th but stop while it's still a fraction slack but with the joint ends at least 1/2 inch apart. Then rewhip the female end, this should :) tighten it up.

3. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

spot on, i have two rods i have done this with gary, my old boron and my old vectra, as the owl staiths boy says chop and whip, it ends up like a new rod spiggot ;D

4. GJW

GJW Rockling

Thanks alot Paul and Steerser...had thought of that but didn't want to go chopping bits of my rod until i had put it to you lads first..thanks and tightlines.. :) :)

5. Dav

Dav Rockling

Try and contact that kevin nelson from redcar gary , i think he would be ure best bet ,,,,,,,,i have his number if you want to try himm ,,,,,cheers...

6. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Kevin sorted mine for me. Before that I used to jam a piece of grass in the spigot everytime I went, that did the trick well on a temporary basis :)

7. ian 07

ian 07 Guest

try building the spigot up with candle wax just get a candle and rub it all over the spigot or i no you can get some spray but i dont no what its called
    cheers ian

8. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Graphite spray will build up a thin layer of graphite on the male part of the spigot. Apply several coats, most tackle shops sell the graphite spary in aerosols.

Cheers Worm.