1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Tags:
  1. Boulby Skid

Boulby Skid New Member

any body know of any zippys for sale using primo full tornament at moment looking for another one or something simular for casting :) :) :)

2. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

kitster is selling a primo full torny zippy wippy thingy ill bell him for you find out what type it is, i know its one of the stiffer ones so you might not be able to bend it ;D

3. prof tench

prof tench Guest

Hi Skid,

There are currently 10 for sale on ebay if you fancy a punt? Mostly 25's but there is a T Zero and a Zero Plus, if it's a chucking rod you're after? You could also try giving Keith a ring at East Coast Tackle in Hornsea, as he usually has a few s/h chucking rods for sale, though you have to be quick to get a zippy at a good price? Shifty at Discount Tackle on Anlaby Road in Hull also sells s/h rods, although again zippy's tend to go the same day they are put up for sale.

If anyone has, or comes across a GSI (preferably a pair) for sale can they let me know on site as I've been after one for yonks. I'm not bothered how they are finished so long as the blank is sound as I shall probably re-build them anyway.

Cheers, T

4. Dav

Dav Rockling

i got that m4 , fuxxing skinny little twxts to thin for a normal reel seat at 22.5mm abit of an oddball to say the least :mad:,,,

5. prof tench

prof tench Guest

Hi Dav,

22.5mm butt is certainly thin for a rod rated as up to 8oz but is the way top rods have been going for years, some of the long range carp rods are half that diameter. Always a problem buying rods blind though, pity there aren't more dealers that let you try them out first. You'll probably need a fixed reel seat then? There are plenty available in the carp scene, everything from carbon to stainless steel, but the old Fuji FPS are still as good as any and only about a tenner in the 20mm size, I think? Bring it along if you make the forum match and we can all have a look at it and see what it's all about.

Cheers, T

6. Dav

Dav Rockling

Yeah will do prof. like you say ite awfully thin , but feels nice (not a quote from our lass either ;D.), trying a seat on it tommorow , stated by the lad in a tackle shop as a big 22mm ( must be some weired way of measuring it as a big 22mm doesnt make sense to me ;D),hes had em delivered by his rod builder for me to try.. he also said he had a 23mm seat , i,ll give em a go anyhow maybe i,l have to tape it out to dill gap and wrap a load of amalgamating tape on it to lock it , well see..havent even had a cast with it yet... hope it fits

7. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

i think i got "boulby skiddy pants", sorted ;D
    jeff change your username to bungle or i will get glen to do it for you ;D

8. prof tench

prof tench Guest

You can take a bit out of the FPS fittings if it's too tight (ooh er missus) if you know someone who's handy with a lathe. Although it's standard practice with coarse rods to build three wraps of masking tape and pack with glue (araldite standard) if it's not a perfect fit.

Let's have a chuck on Sunday next if it's done, as i do love the old (or new) Zippy's, smooth as silk m8.

T.

9. Dav

Dav Rockling

of course bud

10. Dav

Dav Rockling

as long as you dont birds nest me reel , by order of the prof.ss

11. prof tench

prof tench Guest

It's ok, I can put one of me own reel's on with cheapo, challenge, line loaded when you let me have a waff with it.

C u there, T

12. Dav

Dav Rockling

i was only joking bud , i trust you know what ure doing ....

13. prof tench

prof tench Guest

Don't assume anything m8, I could be an 'armchair angler' for all you know? There are plenty on other sites!

T

14. Dav

Dav Rockling

I can see u know the score , .....