1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

zziplex rod advice needed

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by the artist, Oct 7, 2010.

1. the artist

the artist what a view , i think ill paint it or fish it

Ive got the chance of a zziplex quattra 3crg i think 14or15ft 2 piece rod, does any one know anything about them , is it any good , heavy ground / soft ground / soft or stiff /beach or cliffs please any advice would be appreciated
    cheers jim

2. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Re: zziplex rod

Hi there is this one cod nobbler selling ?

3. the artist

Re: zziplex rod

No Dave its off a friend of mine i just wanted to know if they are any good as i have a Century Vectra Tournament i dont use to much as its a bit too stiff and i didnt want to get something similar ,

4. robq

robq Rockling

Not heard of a quattra 3crg before ??

I have a 15ft quattra tri core backcaster, is that the one you are talking about ??

If so it is pretty powerful !! certainly at least as much as a vectra sport. Not the greatest of tips for fishing but I suppose it would make an OK rock/cliff rod. The trouble is they have a 1 and a 1/4 inch butt and you cant get a reel seat to fit.

Mine is a tournament rod and has never been anywhere near the sea !! there are a lot better fishing rods out there IMO :yes:

5. the artist

cheers rob , i am not sure but sounds like a beast to me ... thanks