1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zziplex Primo match

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Jellyworm, Dec 17, 2007.

1. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Anyone any experience of this rod ? Action,capabilities re size of lead etc please. :)

Cheers Jellyworm.

2. mww

mww Rockling

Jellyworm

I think that these are reasonably "new" rods, in that the standard Primo & Primo Synchro/ Synchro FT have been around for a while, but the "match" model's a recent version.

Can't personally offer any advice other than the Synchro & its FT version seemed to have quite a strong following amongst the rock anglers, & guess that the match version will be pretty good, but more suited to lighter ground - match = softer tip......usually!!

Mart

3. macky

macky New Member

ive not cast one but have "waggled" one

they have a very thin blank, quiet a pokey butt butt a very soft tip

5-6oz casting weight

4. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Chris, your new zzippy, is it 13 ft ? if so do you have a reducer ? I know you have offered a few chucks to try it out but time off at the mo is tight and always spent fishing ;D

Cheers Jellyworm.

5. macky

macky New Member

13ft 6" mate
    i dont have a reducer but they can be bought for them

6. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

I still have a primo synchro which I keep as backup. I found it acceptable for both rock and beach work but was a tad soft for what I wanted bearing in mind most of my fishing is on rock. The match will probably be slightly softer still but providing it suits your casting style it might be ok.