1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. onelove oneunited

onelove oneunited Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Any lads with experience of this rod give me some feedback? I know it has some serious back bone but have also heard bite detection is poor?

Any thoughts/experiences welcome.

2. Steve

Steve Rockling

Bite detection is not poor. I use mine on cliffs and for casting and its fine. It will put you on your arse if you try to over load it when casting if you get it wrong. Great rod for getting the fish out

3. bigsi

bigsi Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Very powerfull rods bud,bite detection isn't great for "bit's"as it's a casting rod n a rod for the ruff stuff also ideal for lifting,at the end of the day they do what they are intended for ;)
    I have the hi-flex version n tbh I really like it,it can chuck a big lead n bait for fun when needed but doesn't pull your arms out.The su's are an animal,but when the going gets tuff the su's the rod.

4. onelove oneunited

So would the hi flex be a better compromise and get the bite detection too?

I mean the bullet used to be the go to zziplex for around here - how much difference is there from here?

I will probably have a ride up to keith sports and get them in my hand to compare. I have had a play with the m427 but not the su version.

5. robq

robq Rockling

The hi-flexes are softer in the middle of the rod, not the tip, so bite detection wouldnt be much if at all better !

Its to make the rod more user friendly to cast :) easier to "get round the corner" without the rod pulling you over the top and chopping the cast.

The newer bullets ( dont forget there are quite a few ) have a glass tip with good bite detection, but a powerful butt and middle section. They have quite a fast action, whereas the M427s are more parabolic ;)

All depends what you prefer really :)

I like fast action, tippy rods but some lads hate em !!

6. bigsi

bigsi Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Rob's bang on for me,the idea of the hi-flex is to make the rod more"user friendly"in that it's easier to flex/bend,they have a softer butt than the m427 with the stiffest butt been the su model.Mine is a bit of a mish mash/hybrid in that I have the hi-flex butt with a std m427 tip,bite detection isn't bad by any means but no where near like that of a glass tipped rod which i find superb :).Like rob say's it all depends what you want from your rod.

7. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

All zippies are mint

8. quint

quint Watch out Emperor Zorg's about

Anybody in Scarborough area have one of these rods that would be willing to let me have a cast or two of???

9. robq

robq Rockling

You looking for a change from you wr300 iain ? I dont think an m427su would do anything the wr would ;)

10. quint

I do a lot of cliff fishing Rob and the extra length helps a lot as some marks don't have such a clean lift, plus I'm depressed so need of some retail therapy!

11. onelove oneunited

12. robq

robq Rockling

Sounds like a good enough reason to me to spend some cash :)

13. Steve

Steve Rockling

Im in Bridlington. If that's any good

14. quint

Thanks Steve but I'm sorted one in Scarboro, thanks all the same

15. adam.d

adam.d Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

[​IMG]

I'm in hartlepool if ya get let down and want a chuck :)