1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zziplex m427 - New Rod Ordered - What Are They Like ???

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by jaydee, Aug 31, 2014.

1. jaydee

jaydee Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Hi guys

Has anyone got a zziplex m427 su .iv got one ordered from gerrys (where else) ...just wondering what to expect any info appreciated

2. Steve

Steve Rockling

Awesome. A bully of a rod that can send a lead. Im 5ft 7 and 12st wet through and iv done over 220yards with mine and lifted cod to 7lb up the side of Bempton with it. Just a shame you bought it from gerrys and not uk hooks or summerlands. Enjoy

3. jaydee

Thanks for that Steve. why's that would it have been cheaper ....
    .im 5 11 13st bone dry and can bully a ttr and they take some bending . Just that I heard the su were a tad pokey that's all

4. Steve

Steve Rockling

Build quality from gerrys not the best imo

5. cps

cps Rockling

wouldent it have been best finding out if the rod was what you wan before you ordered one ? jus a thought

6. jaydee

Oh its the one I want alright .just wondered what others thought about it that's all . Unfortunately don't know anyone that has one so wouldn't have been able to try it out

7. cps

cps Rockling

what they supposed to be like ? always found zippys a bit soft in extreme conditions [ big bait and big 200 g+ leads] that said I have an old sv bullet that still casts as good as any rod with just a 150g lead on just a decent bait kills it
    got a afaw turni field at the moment as my ttr gave in at the end of last winter seems quite a pokey rod but ive only fished with it once so we will wait and see

8. jaydee

Had a few zzippys in my time and yeah sometimes they are a little soft , like the 2500 ptx . Which is why I went for the ttr which is pokey, but still forgiving in the right conditions. It's my 50th next month and the wife asked me what I wanted so I said a new zziplex . Rang gerrys had a long chat , basically telling him what I wanted in a rod , something long (like the ttr) something stiff in the butt (ttr again ) but with a slightly more forgiving tip but still with enough power for pendulum and backcast . Can't wait to get it now

9. cps

cps Rockling

wasn't been nasty or cleaver just ive seen lots of people by rods they couldn't use to soft to stiff to long etc , I wouldn't buy a rod I hadn't at least had my hands on and better still thrown a lead with

10. jaydee

Oh I know you weren't no worries .like I say iv had lots of different rods all through the 80s,90s etc .it was its likeness to the ttr that sold it to me

11. jaydee

Deffo see your point though .it's like when I got the ttr everyone was like "it's too heavy for you mate" or ," it's too long you won't be able to bend it ", "your not built like big Danny or Jamie Blakeman", But ,I can put a sinker a blinking long way despite being under six foot and slim .
    When it comes down to it it's all down to technique and timing isn't it

12. bigsi

bigsi Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Very very powerfull rod,ideal for lifting an bullying fish thru thick kelp n snags,sure u will love it.
    Regards zzippies been soft,it all depends what model u want,the m427 range are far from soft ;).
    Ps the 2500 model is like a flattie rod compared to the m427 range ;D

13. quagmire51

quagmire51 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Brilliant rods and for a rod that is used widely for tournament casting and regarded as a bit of a heavyweight it still retains cracking feel and bite detection.

Between now and February it stays in my rod bag as it's used every trip.

Ironically I rarely cast it over 40 yards even though I'm no slouch with 6 and bait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk