1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zziplex m4 evo

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by cphodgson, Sep 6, 2013.

1. cphodgson

cphodgson Blenny

Just got my first ever zziplex any one recomend what reel to suite it i have a 525 mag extra and a 7000i but what to treat my self to a new one ready for the coming season Bering in mind I have got to give the other half one cos she is my new tag along and can't get rid of her

2. robq

robq Rockling

A reel is reel an will go on any rod really ;)

You dont mention whether its for clean, mixed, heavy or cliff work ?

The reels you have will suit mixed to heavy ground with 0.40 to 0.50mm mono

The m4 evo is a nice steely, but light rod. It might struggle in the real heavy stuff but its a great allrounder :)

3. cphodgson

cphodgson Blenny

Thanks for the info it's going to be a mostly mixed ground

4. robq

robq Rockling

Perfect with 525 an o.40 mm mono ;)

5. cphodgson

cphodgson Blenny

Looks like she is getting the Abu then just got to learn her how to cast think its going to take a while I gave her a go with a fixed spool and that was bad enough she started fishing with me on the boats this year and can't get enough now she wants to fish the shore god help me

6. bow1

bow1 Rockling

used one for a year now.its handled al clean and mixed with a 525 or the rocks incuding arbroath area with a 535 or slosh 30.
    cant fault it even though cant use it to its full potential.

7. bigsi

bigsi Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Good rods them evo's m8,really suited to clean/mxd ground not & out & out rock rod tho,reel wise the 525 will be ideal for the clean/mixed ground @ range with .40mm mono,any ruff stuff with thicker mono's better suited to the slosh 30/saltist's or 535 size of reel,the 525's just don't hold enuff of the thicker mono.
    Hope this helps buddy ;)

8. cphodgson

cphodgson Blenny

Thanks lads up in the morning to give it a go for first time like a kid at xmas

9. adam.d

adam.d Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I have an M4 EVO and only use it for the ruff stuff. Its a real powerfull rod with a nice tip. No 2 zziplex's are ever the same and i've compared mine to 3 others and its been stiffer than all of them!
    I fished it along side a friends TTR and there wasnt a great deal of difference in action.

10. bigsi

bigsi Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Prob & m427 blank with & m4 evo decal sticker on it lol
    good gear zzippys,got a bullet gt me sen,lovely rods.
    Regards bigsi.