1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zziplex M4 Evo / GT

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by CAB78, Apr 17, 2013.

1. robq

robq Rockling

Yes terry carrol may make the best surf rods in the world but his marketing is poor ;)

Do you want a firm tip through action rod or a stiff butt tippy rod ??

2. Kevin Thompson

Kevin Thompson New Member

More a firm tip through action. I'm an overhead thumper who fishes mixed to rough ground.

3. hilsey

hilsey Blenny

Kev, I've been using a bullet gt lately. To be honest I really like it though I like tippy rods. It has plenty of power lower down. I like a rod that isn't too long either. Only problem is it can't find me the fish, as you know, (don't think it's the rod!). Managed a couple yesterday aft though.
    Have you thought about the zeteque, heard good things about those. Very stiff I think but there are a few versions of it.

4. Kevin Thompson

Well done on the couple of fish yesterday Joe.

I don't want a rod that is too stiff that I can't bend so had discounted the Zeteque and Bullet on that basis. There is an interesting video on You Tube by Summerlands demonstrating different casting styles and making recommendations of different Zziplex rods for each casting style and also making reference to different fishing ground. They recommended the following.

Off the ground casting - clean ground fishing - HSM, Primo Synchro
    Half pendulum - mixed ground - M4 Evo, Primo Synchro, HST, LT14
    Full pendulum - heavy ground - M427, HST, Bullet

5. hilsey

hilsey Blenny

Yeah I've always quite liked rods that are stiff with soft tip. The bullet is nowhere near as stiff as zeteque but I don't know a great deal about rods! I think with any zziplex you are unlikely to be disappointed! The hi flex rods have a more through action. The bullet hi flex is a firmer tip than the gt.
    They do hi flex in a lot of rods, make them easier to load

6. robq

robq Rockling

I would try and have alook at a primo synchro :)

13, 2 as standard with a firmish tip and a medium fast action. Nowhere near as tippy as the bullet.

They are a nice easy casting rod but have done some obscene distances over grass :eek:

7. onelove oneunited

onelove oneunited Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Kev

I use a m427 hi flex it's 14-2 (or 427cm hence the name ) I love it. It's the less powerful of the 427 range but still plenty of beef.

Steve uses the primo syncro it sounds like the rod you want. He has 2 one at 14-2 and one 13-2 although he has just had Bill extend it to 14-2!

Sounds weird but they feel different with the original 13-2 rod seeming a bit stiffer.

Meddy uses a bullet generally and the Lt on a bit cleaner stuff.

Great rods mate. Good luck with your search you certainly aren't rushing into this are you?!?!

Nick

8. Sadung

Sadung Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Zziplex bullet I use good allround rod not to stiff very easy to cast Exelent bite detection

9. Kevin Thompson

Thanks for the considered response and advice guys, very useful. Think I am inclined to go for the Primo Synchro from the research I have done and your own comments. The other alternative would be an M4 (I believe it has a slimmer butt) variant (GT or Hi-Flex) but the Primo seems like the safe bet for me.

Nick,

I think the 13'2" rod will feel feel stiffer due to reduced leverage.
    You may have noticed but I'm not built like Meddy so doubt I could bend the Bulllet and LT14 so their full potential ;)
    You're right, I always like to review my purchases; particularly if it is someone else's money! :) but this search is taking a long time even by my standards!

Kev

10. Teacuis

Teacuis Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I use a primo synchro on sand & mixed ground over on the west coast, superb rod, very easy to cast and good bite detection. One word of warning though, stay away from Gerry's! not good build quality unless they have changed their rod builder.

Paul.

11. Kevin Thompson

Thanks for the advice Teacius. Which leads me nicely to my next question; where should I get it from? Which rings? Reel seat etc?

12. Teacuis

Teacuis Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Mine is built with Alconite's, not broken any yet and I'm not particularly careful with it. I use ABU sliding trigger grips on all my beach rods and never had a problem with them.

Paul.

13. faithWRX

faithWRX Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Would second that have owned zippys n conoflexs in the past, but my Century's are superb wouldnt buy anything ele now