1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

zziplex m4 evo advice

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by bryce, Sep 19, 2011.

1. bryce

bryce Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

i have just purchased an m4 evo was wondering as i have had conflicting advice what actual weight this will cast , i have advice 4-8 oz and 6 oz maximum, will it also handle mixed ground to light rough or is it a mainly clean to mixed ground rod.

2. robq

robq Rockling

Do not worry too much about casting weights for modern top end rods. They are capable of casting a lot more than you think :yes:

We often chuck 200g or even 300g on the tournament feild with zziplex rods :ugly:

I would not have any concerns about putting a decent bait and a 200g lead on it if need be !! although 175g would be a better weight for it :yes:

3. bryce

ta for the advice didnt want it to snap if i chucked something heavy with a good belt out.

4. crabadabado

crabadabado Blenny

Perfect rough ground rod aswell.
    Cheers Col.

5. robq

robq Rockling

usually when people snap rods its down to a bad casting technique where the lead is right inside the tip at the start of the cast. Its called a column load on the rod and its the worst strain you can put a rod under, you often see lads pulling the line from the rod tip straight down when waiting to cast etc !! This does the same thing and I saw someone snap a rod like this last year at NESA :embarrass:

Or its when the rod has previously been dropped or damaged !!

ZZiplex very rarely snap under proper use, even very heavy use

6. bryce

just been over my local park with the m4 evo not sure i acctually like it, i can not put my finger on it what i dont like about it just feels strange to cast, looks like its ad trader and gumtree for the m4 evo.