1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zziplex long rod 16ft

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by ducky, Apr 4, 2010.

1. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

Has any one used or got the above rod. I use zippy rods with my multi and for me there the best rod i have ever used. I have got a triplex but dont really like the feel of it.
    So any advice would be great. Thanks john.

2. clifftoprunner1

clifftoprunner1 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

got some good advice mate

don,t eat yellow snow

see you tonight mate

pete

3. robq

robq Rockling

Not sure that Terry does a 16ft rod ??

He did the gb3 and the gb3 heavy at 15ft. I have the heavy and its a great clifftop/backcasting rod. Maybe a bit stiffer in the tip than I would like but I use it with braid so still see the bites just fine.

4. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

Yes rob they do. Well on the net at er bugger forgot the name. They had one. West coast or something. Not having net is a pain in the ass.

5. robq

robq Rockling

Ducky the west coast is only 12'8 and is a light/clean ground pendulum rod.

I think someone has told you the wrong thing mate. Thy are maybe getting mixed up the 16ft triplex by greys or the zziplex gb3 which is 15ft or 15'4 for the heavy gb3, both are 3 peice :yes:

Hope this helps

6. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

Thanks rob. Will have a look at them. Like the zippys so will just have to have a look at them you said about. Or wait and see if they do a long rod. And that would give me time to save up. Lol. Thanks again.

7. clifftoprunner1

clifftoprunner1 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

if your looking for all round rod mate. get youself a red metal or the new version the penn affinity... take my red and 6000t out for a go mate. you,ll love it pete

8. Mark Gelder

Mark Gelder Rockling

Would definatly echo that fella, ive got the 15ft affinity and love it.......the casting is effortless, you'll definatly be impressed John.......