1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

zziplex hst evo with a fixed spool !!!

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Jetty, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Jetty

Jetty New Member

just posting for some advise for my old fella,he bought a zziplex hst evo last year from summerlands.But recently has turned to braid, fixed spool and long rod with a penn affinty and a shimano big bait runner lc.......he is wanting to know if the fixed spool would be ok to to use on the zziplex with it being set up for a multiplier......he is thinking of sending it of to get re rung for fixed spool [or selling it],but would it make much difference to casting leaving it as it is and just putting a fixed spool straight on it?

2. bowesy

bowesy Blenny

give us a shout if he wants to part with it!!

3. Jetty

Jetty New Member

i think he is leaning more to flogging it like,he has never fished with it,he's casted it a few times on a field thats about it,its immaculate.......he has a wr 300, tip tornado sport and now the long affinity.........think he was just wondering if it would be worth making into a fixed spool rod

4. martin s

martin s Blenny

using it with fixedspool should be no problem. might be best low reel to get more space to first ring. i use fixedspool multi and alveys on my 13ft mult rung rods all the time

5. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Having had an HST EVO until recently the ring s won't be the problem but using such a powerful rod will give you problems dragging the lead...there isn t enough give in the tip to absorb any wave action so for the slightest line movement the lead will move ....or you'll have to be moving the rod back and forth to stop the lead being dragged.

6. jacfodder

jacfodder Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

never had any probs swapping reels do it all the time. might have prob pendulum casting but i dont use pendulum, think its dangerous on a busy beach. seen a lead snap of and hit an angler in the back went down like a sack of spuds, glad it wasn't me :scared: He was ok after about five mins

7. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

Reading this post has gave me a thought ,i think i will try out my new found arelex gt8000on my pen noreaster to see how it casts,i will have a dry run on the field before trying it on the beach ,if the rod is to stiff for it i will have to get a multi rung rod :wink:

8. robq

robq Rockling

Its not dangerous when executed properly and the correct safety precautions are taken , I.E leader strength and length