1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zziplex hsm

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Ramsrod, Mar 4, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

After a quick response regarding the Zziplex HSM. Does anyone know what they are like. Was looking for direct feedback rather than posting up links. Thanks in advance Ray.

2. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Butt section more or less the same as the dymic hst , the tip a very sensitive tip great for clean beach match fishing. The tip and butt probably comparable with the old Daiwa AWB. I ve had a go with one Ray but I found the tp too soft for my liking........still a really nice clean beach rod but not one I would fancy using on mixed to heavy ground.

Is it for you Ray ? Tourny Rock from AnyfishAnywhere a nice rod....but I guess you ve had a go with that one Andy has.

3. Kagger

Kagger Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I have a pair and like them a lot.

They'll cast 6oz + bait as far as you like (i'm not a huge caster ATM, three tournaments last year resulted in three 220m+ results), without giving you a hernia, and have a lovely glass tip. The midddle is fairly stiff, and there's a bit of give in the butt.

All in all superb.

When i got mine i looked at the HSM's, Primo Matches, and Primo Hi-Flex. IMHO both the Primo's were softer

I have heard it said that they fold over in a strong tide, but this has not been my experience. If you dont believe me, a chap called steve lewis who casts for england fishes with them at dungy, with 200g.

4. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Thanks for the feedback lads. The rod is not for me but needed for fishing clean ground and estuaries where the tide is strong. The primo synchro and the afaw tourny were also candidates.

I was hoping you found the tip a bit soft for your liking Dave because I was worried that it might have been too stiff. From what you and Kagger have described it sounds like just the job, cheers.

5. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

They ve got one of the best tips out of the zzippy's Ray.........it just wasn t a rod I liked but I know Macky loved his for the sort of fishing you describe.

6. fileybrigg

fileybrigg Blenny

I bought a HSM last year Ray,
    In my eyes its a cracking rod for clean ground work ie scar fishing, beach fishing.
    I have used it down bemo and had no problem bullying fish out.
    The only time i would not use it would be on the cliff tops or fishing very heavy kelp ground.
    You can have a cast with mine any time Ray if you want to.