1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

zziplex gsi

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by makaman, Mar 11, 2011.

1. makaman

makaman Guest

zziplex gsi whats your veiws on this rod please what ground casting weight etc and how old are these rods cheers

2. crazy horse

crazy horse Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

hi,just acquired one of these rods myself,i think their is a few models in the range,standard,sport,match an superdream.i think their all about same length ,12 ft, with the tips being pretty soft by to days standards an infact when i first gave the rod a waggle i wasn't over keen,but now Ive fished with it a couple of times ,IMO its a cracking fishing rod ,loads up very easily an sits nicely in the tide,we think mine is the standard model an Ive used 6oz an bait with no probs but feel 7oz wud be to much,from what Ive found out the sport has the stiffer tip an is all round more powerfull,my rods about 18 years old an i think most are between 15 an 20 years,sorry if i cant help more only found these bits of info when i took it into east coast tackle in hornsea for identification,now its there getting a rebuild.cheers nige

3. makaman

makaman Guest

great help m8 and cheers

4. skaterboy

skaterboy New Member