1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zonk Gataride - To modify or not that is the question

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Shadrap, Jan 16, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Shadrap

Shadrap Rockling

OK all you zonk lovers how many of you have actually carried out the modification below that Graham Hill recommends for the Gataride ? It looks a good idea and simple enough to do but how did you shape up ?

Revelation of the gataride

Having added a couple to the armoury I have to say those bibs do look a bit fragile but my take on things is if they catch you a couple decent fish before they're zonked then they're worth it.

[​IMG]

2. Dav

Dav Rockling

Is it quite a big nodule stopping the bib going back andy on the opnes you have ?
    Ive got one off graham that actually does what he is saying in his video , I never asked him if hed already filed bib prior to buying ...cheers

3. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

When I get mine I am going to remove that vain and put. Vain on like I did with iains

4. Dav

Dav Rockling

Im not sure ...but doesnt the normal gataride has a fixed vane ducky ? just get one of them if so .

5. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

That could be a plan :laugh:

6. Dav

Dav Rockling

:laugh: :laugh:......its that lead john ... :wink: :cheesy:

7. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

:laugh:

8. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Seems a shame that you even have to think about modifying a £20+ lure in the first place!

Obviously works in that video though, god knows how he didn't hook his finger in the process!

9. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

10. Shadrap

Shadrap Rockling

Just took delivery this morning and the 2 nodes in question are tiny.
    Dav if you look closely you should see them on top of the big nodule but they are very small.
    I think I will file one of em off and leave the other for now.