1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

zipplex,century, shimano,grey's,?

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by DiscoMick, May 21, 2009.

1. DiscoMick

DiscoMick Eat Fishing, Sleep Fishing, Drink BEER

I've decided to treat myself to a new rod,i'ts years since i bought one i've got an old abu 484 i'ts been a great servant over the years,i'ts seen more fish than Harry Ramsden,but i'ts getting a bit worn out (bit like me really) there seem's to be some great rod's on the market just at the moment but i dont want to buy one and regret it later,i'ts not like buying a car were you can try it first,so i'm open to suggestions from you lads in the know, iv'e got three multipliers grey's g.mag,abu 6500,and a daiwa 7ht mag,so that should give some idea what rod would suit, i'm 6ft plus so i can handle a longish rod. thank's mick. :confused:

2. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Go for the zzippy.........crisp light and bend so nice to cast.......having said all that if price an issue the Century ccc ld is very very close in action to a Zzippy Primo Syncro but about 2/3 the cost....light very quick recovery and easy to cast...was blasting...no casting 200 grams with one the other night and they cope easily,then onto 125 gram and they zip the lead away.

3. Patterdale

Patterdale New Member

Hi Discomick,

Not sure where you live, but if its on Teesside

if you pop in to our club shop Billingham Tackle Box

I'm sure we could sort you out with a borrow of a few rods to try.

I use a Shimano Aspire 130M just over 1lb in weight and cast a dream

so would suggest a look at that.

Doug

4. DiscoMick

That would be ideal mate but it would probably cost more in fuel than the cost of the rod,i live in Doncaster but thank's for taking time out. mick

5. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

bill costin has had a few nice rods, some are new and some are as good as, they may let you try before you buy. but as your in doncaster its a fair old drive to scarborough

6. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Disco i m in Hull, I have a zziplex hst evo,zziplex zti,century F1 century fireblade,anyfish anywhere, 6+bait,rock and match rods and you are more than welcome to come through and try any of them before you spend any money, i m in Hull so only half an hour away.

7. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

dam jw thats a stack of rods. i been looking at zziplex for a while what are the rock rods like and which are the rock rods?

8. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

I ve got two Anyfish anywhere standard rock rods...really nice rods infact my favourite heavy ground fishing rod as they have stacks of back bone but are not broom handles so they cast well but can hold their own in the taangles.
    Mine at least one of them is on it's third rebuild due to being dropped and battered on the rocks but having been stripped and re finished I ve been vasting with it and it has done for me 200 yds (capable of more in the right hands)
    For anyone on a tight budget the AFAW range are as good if not better in some respects than the centurrys and zzippys.....the 6 + bait again has done 200 yds for me on the field and i m no great caster , plus they are lovely rids for fishing including heavy ground, just have to get into the mindset that you don t need a broom stick to fish rock,

9. DiscoMick

Sound's good to me mate, i've just started a new job i'll be working for the next couple of weekends,but i have got your phone number so i'll get back to you cheer's, mick :happy:

10. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

No worries mick a couple of hours chucking a few down on the river front here is better than wasting money on the wrong rod......all available for you to have a go with.
    I m away in scotland yakking next friday for 4 days but fater that nowt planned till middle of June