1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ziplex zeteque

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Lobbers, Oct 15, 2011.

1. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

any of you guys had one used one, any comments on these rods, any info much appreciated :yes:

2. Welsh wizard

Welsh wizard if you don't know you don't need to know

I bought a pair of them Paul they are very pokey they are a good rock rod when I spoke to Terry carrol he said there ideal for fishing heavy ground and kelp he made them for fishing rough ground
    I sold my pair when I was skint they are 13.6 other rod to look at is the zziplex m427 range I've just got a zziplex
    M427 hi-flex it's 14.4 I like it regards Ian

3. robq

robq Rockling

I have not cast one Paul but had a good waggle and flex of Gary Blanchards.

The standard zeteque is a beast, I would say way too stiff in the tip for 90% of all fishing

However the new zeteque GT ( glass tip ) would make a fantastic heavy rock rod :yes: . It has a powerful bottom 2/3rds of the tip section but the top 2ft or so is a high quality glass

I spoke to Terry last month about a new backcaster and am ordering the Zeteque TXL GT

The TXL is just the longer version

4. Welsh wizard

Welsh wizard if you don't know you don't need to know

rob i read on world casting forum gary blanchards zeteque has a 60% stiffer butt and i just checked again and thats what one of the casting lads have put it will be a beast
    heres the link
    http://www.myfishcasting.com/casting_forum/viewtopic.php?p=72222&sid=6a96ff31c72ecd28d9ba1c0ec5e040d4

5. robq

robq Rockling

He has 3 butts and 2 or 3 tips Ian :yes:

I was just referring to the tips as this will affect the rods fishability really :yes:

I think I tried the m427 SU butt with the zeteque GT tip, although there is not really a lot difference between all of the butts !!

Not that most would be able to tell unless you are chucking well over 270 yards on a good day :surprise:

6. cps

cps Rockling

depends on how and where you fish , distance with small baits maybe to stiff but i have never seen a stiff zziplex yet there stifist casting rod normaly make a cracking rock rod , try 8 oz lead a large bait and a 30mph head wind all of a sudden they dont feel stiff and 80 yards seems a long way ,
    i have always found zippys dont like the thicker line and heaver leads tends to kill the action
    this is obvously my findings not everone weighs 18 stone and can chuck 10 oz leads when they have to

7. GJW

GJW Rockling

You going down the Zziplex route Paul. Heard good reports on the Zeteque should make a good rock rod for the North East lads...

8. Lobbers

i have taken delivery gaz, and took it straight out, got it off dunbar, too stiff for his baby arms, didnt waste any time tucking a seven ounce lead under the rod , bam , it put a smile on my face, like the first time i used the ttr for fishing it put 20 yards on my baitcast, just hope it holds its own, and dont snap with my over aggressive casting style.
    bite detection seamed ok, i took it round to simmy scaur fri nite, tried nab, the shot right of divers, then the front of divers, into divers,then up the steel, a bleg rockling and a big eel(well over 2lb), could'nt find a mop, enjoyed it though.
    just fished the j middensmemorial , six whitey in the last six casts, 3 just short of 27cm limit the others well under, enjoyed it though, grafted like mad trying to get a size fish :canadian:

9. GJW

GJW Rockling

Nice one Paul, I am sure you made the right choice.. And soon the cod will becoming thick and fast on it. I think you will have your work cut out trying to snap it.. But hope I am not tempting fate as your reputation for snapping rods is second to none..

Good luck with the rod Paul.

10. Steve

Steve Rockling

good luck snapping one of them. saw jay lee do 293 yards with one this year. the thing was bent double

11. Lobbers

nice one lads, you can understand my worries, but steves comments make me feel a lot better. i bent it allright, and my mag screamed so i let the magnets off and the line left told me the story , my old century vectra gp is good, but its not a zeteque, i nearly bought another afaw t rock , glad i never. `

ive got rods for sale for xmas post soon