1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ziggy's Skate Fishing Trip to Crinan

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by carpyken, Jun 7, 2009.

1. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Just had a message from Ziggy, they have had 5 skate to the boat so far...............I am sooo pleased for them, he's going to ring later to give sizes etc, well done mate, so chuffed for you.........

2. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

well done ziggy lad. :yes: :yes: looking forward to the report and pictures

3. shammy67

shammy67 only dead fish go with the flow

well done ..cant wait for pics and report!!

4. smokey

smokey Rockling

I spoke to him earlier Ken,i think the biggest one was 6 foot odd long,a real biggie :surprise: He said the first one they got which was a small one took 1.5 hours to get off the bottom,the lad holding the rod is about 18 stone :surprise: can't wait to see the pics,i told him to text them to me but unfortunately they are on his camera .. tight lines

5. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Ye just got off the phone to Ziggy, they have had one hell of a day. 5 fish in total...

78" wingspan
    62 nose to tail making this big girl about 170lb :surprise:

38" wingspan
    53 1/2" nose to tail 38lb

58" wingspan
    75" nose to tail 117lb

41" wingspan
    59" nose to tail 50lb

Plus a smaller one of 20lb plus

Three were tagged.

Got the feeling they were all totally exhausted but buzzing like mad :cheesy:

Lucky buggers aren't they Smokey, said the weather is gorgous over there too, he said they all look like tomatoes..... :cheesy:

6. smokey

smokey Rockling

I think they did very well with your info Ken,apparently it was very slow until you spoke to him and offered words of wisdom :happy: will have to have a run up with him in the next couple of years :happy: From what he told me earlier,god knows how you did it in a yak,it puts a different perspective on it alltogether :wink: :happy: tight lines

7. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

thats a fair old fish :surprise: :surprise:.

bet he is buzzing like hell. lucky sod

8. BIG rod

BIG rod New Member

Who got the big one smokes, barry??

9. smokey

smokey Rockling

Not sure Jamie, i know Bazza got one of the smaller ones,apparently they had to keep swapping the rod around to beat the biggies so not sure who hooked them.. tight lines

10. cps

cps Rockling

he poped round the other night and borowed a 50lb class rod and 4/0 senitor, sad bazza had given it a good work out :surprise: :surprise:

11. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Be seeing you up there before long Chris :whistle: , hope you all sorted for next weekend mate, Neils been up there today, the place is swarming with tope :cheesy:

12. spud

spud New Member

Excellent looks like its Tope and Skate at the weekend Ken :yes:

13. ShArK

ShArK Blenny

Well done jason and barry

14. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Just had word from Jason, they have started today with a 30lb er and have another large one suckered to the bottom for nearly an hour which wont come up....... :cheesy:

15. stephen

stephen Guest

Excellent stuff - great thread :yes:

1.5 hours to get it off the bottom, though ? You boat boys can't be that soft :laugh:

16. ShArK

ShArK Blenny

I had call of jason today they had a big baby on for 2 hrs but it snapped 60 lbs briad and 200 lbs mono, and another one bent the gaff ??

17. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

so they are getting some fair old fish then. this report is going to be good

18. carpyken

carpyken New Member

The big one was 62 inches across its wings and a length of 80 inches making it about 169 lb, they finding the big ones :happy:

19. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Has anyone heard of how many they have had today? Really cannot wait to see the pictures, I'm over the moon that they've had a successful trip :happy:

20. ShArK

ShArK Blenny

Not heard any thing today