1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ziggy's down but not out !!

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by filey bouy, Oct 5, 2009.

1. filey bouy

filey bouy www.fileylifeboat.co.uk

Well our planned wrecking trip on "Hang On" this morning went like this, watched the cobles launch at Filey, then decided we would give it a go bit of swell but what the hell day off and all that.
    Launched the boat off the trailer with Smokey and Ziggy holding it went to park the car on the hill and heard a rather loud thud then as the wave hit the wall and went over the car i thought "ooh err that was a rather large one", jumped out of car to find Smokey hanging on to Ziggy as a large wave was washing around the boat, went to help looked at first as if he had seriously injured his leg, Got Ziggy out of the water and laid on the sand. Had a look at his leg after pulling off his Chesties brand new neoprene by the way was not going to let us cut them off(Good old yorkshire boy).
    He turned down the offer of a tambulance and a blue light trip to casualty.
    So we left him sat on the sand and our thoughts turned to the boat which was still washing around at the bottom of the slipway, it had buried about 6 inches into the sand so called one of the local lads with a tractor, by pushing the trailer under the boat and winching managed to get the boat out no problem.
    Loaded Ziggy into the car and took him home to his ever caring wife who said as he crawled into the front room on his hands and knees you aren't bringing him in here in that state (covered in sand and peeing wet through) to which me and Smokey beat a hasty retreat with the offer of taking him to casualty if he wanted !!
    We went back down to pick the boat up off the Coble Landing, half way back up the ravine we both looked at each other and started laughing both stating that it was rather inconsiderate of Ziggy to ruin our days off to go fishing by having a little bit of pain in his ankle !!!!!
    What had happened is when they were holding the boat a bigger than usual one just came from nowhere and as they were turning the boat round hit it broadside on washing Ziggy under the boat trapping his ankle luckily Smokey kept hold of him and managed to get him up. Just goes to show 30 years of launching from the slipway and one can still get bit on the butt !!!!
    So Ziggy has been the butt of the jokes today and probably most of this week, could have been worse much worse so anyone with a spare set of crutches, parrot or needs a Long John Silver stand in for their play contact Ziggy.

Sea 1 "Hang on" 0

[​IMG]

Bet that Hurts :yes:

[​IMG]

2. ShArK

ShArK Blenny

But hows the boat after he hit it, go bloody carefull all of you glad it was not worse
    shArk

3. smokey

smokey Rockling

HaHa :cheesy: :laugh: Quality Bazza :cheesy: :laugh:
    The poor lad is black and blue,but he won't be out for long :hurt: .Damn inconsiderate of him seeing as i gave up some DIY in the garage to have a days wrecking :whistle: Looking back and thinking through it now,i reckon he's very lucky to get away with bad bruising and swelling,it could have been serious on another day :scare: :vomit: Can see the funny side now though,what did Pip call him,a sand flicker :whistle: tight lines :happy:

4. ShArK

ShArK Blenny

sand flicker :laugh: :laugh:

5. filey bouy

filey bouy www.fileylifeboat.co.uk

Boats fine good old warrior !!!
    Just Ziggy's sorry Sand Flickers !! pride that is dented :yes:
    :laugh: :laugh:

6. ShArK

ShArK Blenny

Did he say weather the warrior is clean underneath as he went for a quick look see

7. willybendit

willybendit Rockling

Hi What a load of piss takers you lot are poor old git next time ask while he s under the boat if he can give it a quick lick of antifoul and check the keel band glad Ziggy's OK just shows how easy a accident can happen if you need a wheelchair with a 135 honda outboard engine on i have one for hire take care cos we care tightlines Alain

8. Dav

Dav Rockling

Glad your ok ziggy......or and your boat... :yes:

9. ziggy

ziggy luv it fishing

thank's for all the kind word's and sympathy NOT :laugh: :laugh:. i'm sure i'll be the butt of the joke's for a week or two i've got broad shoulder's so can handle it. sorry lad's for spoiling your fishing you should of left me on beach with pip flicking sand. it's just one of them thimg's that you learn by. but god was it painful :cry:. been laid on sofa all day with my good ladie running about after me which is nothing out of the norm really. might go for an xray tommorrow if the swelling doesn't go down the ankle's black and blue. i'm sure i won't be down for long. was so glad i got my wader's of straight away before it swelled or would be still sat in them now there my new snowbee granite's and there wasn't a chance they'd of been getting cut of. tight line's and today's tip don't go under a warrior unless it's on the trailor. :no:
    cheers ziggy

10. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member

Hard lines ziggy, but it could have been much worse. Hope you make a speedy recovery and get amongst the cod again soon :happy:

11. ziggy

ziggy luv it fishing

the boat's fine thank's dav that's the first thing cps asked :wink:

12. Dav

Dav Rockling

Thats good to know mate, i can imagine it would of been a very expensive swell should it of bashed ure boat bad .....

13. newdave

newdave Guest

Get well soon Mate :wink:, why does learning involve so much pain ? :wounded:

14. Supersonic

Supersonic Whitby Bass Club

Gutted for you lads, glad Ziggy's ok though - get well soon mate :happy:

15. foo

foo You've gotta be in it to win it.

Get well soon ziggy, could of had a much more serious outcome, just remember material things can be replaced but the human factor can't.

16. smokey

smokey Rockling

Well...just spoke to Ziggy and he officially is down and out,his ankle is bust in 2 places and an operation is planned for thursday to screw it back together :hurt: Hope it all go's well pal and you heal up really quickly :wink: :happy: On the positive side,anyone who wants quality fish+chips,get yourself to the Brown Room in Filey,they have a quality fish fryer on for the next few weeks,the quality will be better than usual :whistle: :wink: :happy: tight lines

17. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

flippin heck, get well soon Ziggy

18. Dav

Dav Rockling

Ouch Thats nasty ,,, hope it heals well ziggster...Cheers...

19. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Oh dear Ziggy, that looks painful :hurt: Could of been a lot worse though, might of damaged the boat :cheesy: phew! Get well soon.

20. BIG rod

BIG rod New Member

Unlucky ziggy hope your better soon, but as smokey says at least the quality of fishing and chips will be better at your place for a few weeks.......lol