1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zero tollerance!

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Ramsrod, Jul 7, 2010.

1. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

I know Glenn has limited time on his computer at present and some of the other mods are busy too. Another topic has been locked and in hindsight I don't know why I even wasted my time in trying to be diplomatic. Anyone who try's to start negative debate and deliberately causing upset, will be banned without explanation. We've all got better things to do other than babysitting childlike members!

2. willybendit

willybendit Rockling

im with you on this Ray compleat waste of time replying to a post like this man should be in a circus juggling balls hes a king clown tightlines Alain

3. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Its the best way to do it Ray. Ive seen this petty bickering creep in on other forums and it ruins them as the other members all get peed off by it and leave.

4. bigcod2

bigcod2 Blenny

What is wrong with these people, well nipped in the bud Ray!

Phil

5. Mark Gelder

Mark Gelder Rockling

Good lad Ray, getum sorted..........

6. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

Well said Ray , it seems like an attention thing with them, plonkers

7. robert123

robert123 Blenny

I agree, this forum was not set up for negative talk etc. As a member who lives away from the coast, I throughly enjoy the genuine help, advice etc given freely from members of the forum.
    I think we can all come up with a bad experience, but put that on the conveyer belt let it go and forget about it.
    Lets all try and be positive, and help all new and existing members in any way we can.

8. foo

foo You've gotta be in it to win it.

I have thought and thought and thought before replying in this post.
    Firstly I would like to point out that Wildcard is now in private hands and is in no way involved in charter fishing. She is run by a very private individual who does not post on any forums and simply enjoys fishing on his vessel with his very lucky friends.
    I found a couple of the remarks made were very offensive to a friend of mine and I must assure everyone that no way on gods earth would the new owner post anything like the topic that was locked. Good on Ramrod for doing so.
    I personally think that Big ling man is simply someone trying to cause trouble for some reason.
    Secondly I have enjoyed some excellent fishing from Hartlepool recently and Have enjoyed posting about my success and also enjoyed the feedback I received, Hopefully I will get a trip from Whitby over the summer when I will again post a report with any luck. I will also post any further success I have aboard Wildcard if I am lucky enough to be invited back, and as long as the admin team do not object to reports from tother side.
    Please dont judge every one who fishes from Hartlepool the same as big ling man. I am also quite sure that will be his first and last invite to fish aboard Wildcard.
    Thirdly I would also like to say I, and I assume the vast majority of members, thoroughly enjoy reading reports from all over the place not just Whitby or Hartlepool so lets hope the forum members keep catching and keep posting without the inuendos and bitching.
    OK I'll get me coat..................

9. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

well siad, keep posting foo

10. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Hi Foo, I realised that the boat is in other hands now, but thanks for making that point as some others maybe never knew. Regarding fishing reports from Hartlepool, they are more than welcome, as are fishing reports from anywhere. I personally have done more boat fishing from Hartlepool than from anywhere else and certainly don't have any particular preferences as to where any reports come from so keep posting and leave your coat where it is! Ray.

11. loz

loz Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

You have done a great job ramrod and baramundi bob in sorting this, iy saddens me when i see idiots like this come along just to stir it up and cause a bit of friction. I am also a member on another site where this kind of thing happens quite often. Generally this comes from 3 or 4 people allways the same ones, and nothing is done. I have seen many good members that regularly post leave due to rubbish like this and others scared to post incase they are ridiculed.Also we had some sponsorship lined up and ready to come onboard unfortunately they where checking out the site when one of these nasty eruptions occured and guess what no more sponsorship deal. Im so glad over here you have guts to get straight in and deal with it ,threads like that that are allowed to go on for 10 pages with threats and bad mouthing can be so damaging

12. madmickyb

madmickyb Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

i think your doing a cracking job ...its sometimes hard to know when to step in on the moderating side of things as sometimes a heated debate can end up being a positive one ...as for insulting ,argumentitive and personal atacks or abuse in threads 100% ban them ...( i do it without hesitation !! i'm a mod on 3 non fishing sites and we have non of it :angry:)

tightlines ....mick

13. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Hi Foo,

Thanks for the post mate. Im not quite sure who the person is although I have a good idea as I feel he is doing similar things on other forums where he gets away with it. What he doesnt reaise is just how much harm hes doing to the new skippers business (when people search in google for Hartlepool, these topics show up). So if this person/s is a friend of the new skipper (which Im certain he is) then he really needs to think about just what he is doing.

Your more than welcome to post reports about Hartlepool, infact I would encourage them as Ive always said this site is for fishing reports regardless of where they are from and Im also happy for people to compare the ports looking at the pros and cons of both. I would encourage people to make a proper detailed report with pictures if possible, as one liners saying "fished at hartlepool, caught 1000 fish" are hard to believe.

Im sure the Wildcard boat is excellent, and I have been told the skipper is a very sensible bloke who knows what he is doing, but sadly I believe some of his friends are doing him no favours what soever.

What I dont want is bitchy posts clearly designed to cause trouble as this is not what our forum is for. Weve had far too much nonsense lately and its not welcome here.