1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yuki Orion Review video

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by steven watt, Apr 23, 2014.

1. steven watt

steven watt seafishing more

SANDMANS tackle time...Putting a Yuki Orion through its paces casting up to 175grams

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBZe033bGVg

2. young casper

young casper Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

im hearing mixedreports about these yuki rods, some have been bad some good, i keep in touch with a few lads who fish southshields and have said a few of there beech caster type rods have snapped , i was looking at getting one of the spinning rods but was warned off, i wouldnt like to try and cast a six once lead with them thats just asking for trouble, but as the video shows they do cast that weight ;)

3. steven watt

thats the thing with the orion i dont no if its a spinning rod or a small person beach caster lol, i no a few lads use them in Norway and had cod upto 40lb on them, time will tell with the yuki rods, i no the lads on the england team have moved onto them now,

but thanks for your comment,

4. young casper

young casper Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

im looking forward to see what there like with a fish on, they must be a bit stiff some of them leads didnt put much of a bend in them, the set up looks great for fishing light gear on a boat,, as was mentioned in a post earlier,,, still cant make my mind up on them,,seen the you tube clipp were he picks a canoe up with one of the boat rods, also heard a few of them had snapped,, but i suppose with the amount being sold you will get the odd one with a fault,, keep the reveiws coming mate :)

5. steven watt

thanks mate, got a how to make twinlinks video uploading this weekend, and next week im down at a friends place videoing how to make your own lead moulds, from start to finish.

6. Sadung

Sadung Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I was impressed at the performance of the rod ,I looked on google £41 pounds a rod sensibly priced like it was years ago however the other yuki rod at over £500 think it was beach caster to expensive

7. steven watt

thats alot of people saying the same about the YUKI MASERATY rod, theres alot of people in the uk now using them i no moonfleet has sold there stock of them within days, they had 60 in stock, im still on the fence with them rods, but time will tell,