1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your top 5 Winter Cod Baits ??

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Aug 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

2. jimlad

jimlad Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

When i read this i instantly thought crab and lug up front. Whats suprising is that mussels are currently no. 1. I'm going to be collecting a stockpile for the winter i think.....trip to the beach coming up.

3. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Mussel, may not be everybodies number one but its in everybodies top 5. That speaks volumes.

4. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

mussel at number six for me, you cant beat the humble whole squid, only when theres biggies about though.
    once winter kicks in properly, squid is the only bait i dont feel the need to cocktail, as with all the other baits.
    green crab has got to be my number two, 2010/11 winter green crab did me proud catching good bags from all venues rock and soft, that was until that harsh winter killed the fishing. fresh blacks take some beating, espesially tied into half a custard crab or mingled into a razor. mussel only comes in at number 6 because its a bait i dont use on its own, i always tie it in to something, generaly crab, the previous five baits i confidently use alone :yes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.