1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

your targets for 2010?

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by mattylamb, Dec 29, 2009.

1. Dav

Dav Rockling

Ide like to get a bass bigger than 7lb locally and hopefully get out on the yak abit more ......

2. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member

10lb + cod and a bass

3. dan the pollock

dan the pollock Rockling

i think ive outdone myself this year. its been fantastic

fishing methods for yak fishing have been sorted. jigging, uptiding , livebaiting, drifting for flatties, fly fishing but no doubt ill come up with some crazy idea for next year.

haddock and mullet are my ultimate goals for next year but i think it will take a few seasons to get them.

obviously more and bigger bass, pollock and cod

some new shore pollock marks

new bass marks

just in the process of getting all the electronics for the yak to try some inshore wrecks for some big cod and ling

a bass on a surface lure from the shore

dont know how im gonna manage it all but ill have a bloody good go :happy: :happy: :happy:

4. BOOMSTICK

BOOMSTICK Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Fish and learn more rock marks and hunt down that double figure cod

5. kipper

kipper New Member

for me matty just to catch a fish will do.

6. god ov all cod

god ov all cod Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

get a new pb for me like lads and to get the old man out with us agen

7. brian carragher

brian carragher Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Like Shadrap I aim to catch a double figure pollack from local inshore waters, and I'll get it as well

Also intend to do some tope fishing as well next year as I did'nt quite get round to it this year, think I'll get me one of them as well, watch out for the egg on face then

8. Dav

Dav Rockling

When summer comes bri you will have to take us on a guided tour of the scars were them big pollock live , havent had a lot of experience in the yak so i think it would be nice and give us abit of confidense if there is someone near by who knows the area well and who could sort of act like big brother in there boat .....and its literally on our door step ...Cheers

9. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Its a nice feeling to have a boat near by when your not so confident Dav. I remember that Acko looked after us all at Skinnigrove in the spring last year.

10. Baramundi Bob

Another aim for me in 2010 is to shoot anyone who tells me to put my fish back. Anyone got a gun ?

11. Dav

Dav Rockling

:laugh: :laugh:....Yeah it would be nice to have someone there in a boat ...altho i supose as long as i was with a competent yakker i think ide be ok .....
    Gunna get some experience fishing from the yak in the river prior to taking the plunge in the sea , i feel confident without rods but wanna get a set up sorted for summer in the sea , i need to sort out how i am gona organise all me gear thats the head farter , having important things to hand , thats were looking at others set ups will help....

Love to get into them big pollock n bass from the yak ....

12. Baramundi Bob

If you stick to the rule that you dont go out if anymore than 12mph are forecast you should be ok. You cant beat those summer evenings where there is no wind at all.

13. kipper

kipper New Member

as mentioned before a lure/plugging competition from the shore would be a challenge for next year- maybe south landing?

14. bunny78

bunny78 New Member

Get out in the yak I've had for 2 months.
    Fish the scars at redcar, and round the cliffs.
    Playing pollock and bass on light gear.

15. brian carragher

No worries if anyone wants to go and have a shufty at catching some pollack but it'll be May/June before the best of the pollack fishing arrives but I'll be having a bash before then just in case

Already have some numbers from members on here who I'll take out next year from Redcar and Eston (you know who you are) but it looks like I'll need a few tow ropes for the yakkers as well

pollack and bass on light gear is greatsport and tests your gear to the limit if you (bunny78) want to pop round before you start we'll go through your gear together if you want or just jump in next trip out

16. Mark Gelder

Mark Gelder Rockling

Double figure COD would be nice!!!

A 20lb plus bag of summer codling...........this is probably my number 1 choice..........

And lastly to just fish as often as I can!!!!!!!!!!!

17. Shadrap

Shadrap Rockling

RE:Double figure pollack

I had one this year but the scalesman couldn't read them correctly when it was weighed,I think it was summat to do with his eyes been green at the time :canadian: :canadian: :canadian:

On a serious note I am sure that next year given some decent weather we will see a whole host of quality fish of various species caught from the local inshore marks.

18. LERCH

LERCH Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Lo mine would be try bass fishing in the summer.Get a big conger in scotland and try get a double figure cod. Also carry on with my match's and try win the club.

Russell

19. brian carragher

10/10

20. Ian Alexander

Ian Alexander Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Hello, my aim for next year is simply to keep on enjoying my fishing....I'm realy looking forward to the summer on the kayak :yes:
    Regards Ian