1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

your targets for 2010?

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by mattylamb, Dec 29, 2009.

1. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

me -

double figure cod (kayak and shore)
    8lb + pollack
    7lb + Bass

2. SAGE

SAGE always trying...... some say very trying !!!!!

this ones easy matty.... to do better than 2009 season.. getting to be like groundhog day.....always seems to be do better than previous season..
    cheers
    Paul

3. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

catch at least 3 fish in one match :butt:

4. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

To enjoy my fishing, up my game in the club fishing.....steep learning curve though on the beaches.

5. willybendit

willybendit Rockling

Hi Matty well for me it as to be a tope out of Whitby (Tut's garden?) and then a (60 70lb tope out of Luce bay ) tightlines Alain

6. GJW

GJW Rockling

15lb Cod (Shore)

10lb Pollack (shore)

8lb Bass (Shore)

I think you had a really good 2009 Matty... :yes:
    I know its a bit lean at the moment but the summer bass and pollack fishing made up for it, i think our targets are achievable with the bass and pollack, i think my cod might be a long shot but i would like to get one over 15lb from the shore as it would be a new PB, maybe a trip up Arbroath in January might be the answer.... :wink:

7. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

aye im really looking forward to the summer now , i think I wot have any trouble beating my PB pollack but the bass and cod targets will be tough but definitely doable. yes i think arbroath would be a good idea gary :wink:

8. kirkby lad

kirkby lad New Member

to move off the safe easy fishing marks i tend to fish onto some more challenging marks where the bigger fish are.

9. GJW

GJW Rockling

I think you know a little mark which holds a good head of big bass so i think time spent on that mark will give you the bass, the cod could turn up anywere maybe your next trip, and as for the pollack an 8lb pollack is not that uncommon on them marks we fished this summer.. (Roll on summer)...... :laugh:

10. Maxie

Maxie New Member

My match fishing aim is to win the nw sea league (second again this year :sick:)
    Win another open.
    And my fishing goal is to catch a decent shore tope not one of the pups we get.

11. DiscoMick

DiscoMick Eat Fishing, Sleep Fishing, Drink BEER

Made my mind up over the last couple of week's this is my last winter cod bashin!mi old hands are knackerd so for the safety of other anglers round me,and the discomfort it causes me i'm going to give a lot more time to summer fishing find some new venues and try to enjoy it as much as i'v enjoyed my winter fishing,it's been a long fantastic journey but it's time to hang up my all-ones &long johns,will i miss it ? you better believe it but hey that's life would'nt have missed it for the world. mick

12. Shadrap

Shadrap Rockling

To do a lot more fishing than this year for starters . . .

8lb+ Bass (Anywhere please)

10lb+ Pollack (off Redcar or Mull)

Conger (shore)

Looking forward to some light tackle fishing on the local inshore marks too,should be interesting to see what turns up :wink: :wink:

13. woody

woody New Member

25lb + shore conger
    tope from shore
    10lb + cod shore
    8lb + bass shore heres hoping !

14. bowesy

bowesy Blenny

mine as always to catch a double figure cod( from shore) it would be a dream come true !!!

15. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

I hope to enjoy whatever happens this year but the only target I really want is to get a double figure pollack on the yak, lb for lb they are a special fish. I've hooked them but never got them aboard yet. This year maybe !!!!

16. GJW

GJW Rockling

Think i had to much of grandma's special apple juice when i wrote that....... :cheesy: :cheesy:

It should of read anything that resembles a fish will do......... :embarrass: :embarrass: :embarrass:

17. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

Still trying for the double figure cod, bass 8lb ,pollack 11 lb, and conger 12 lb, and maybee a double bag of schoolies, :cool:

18. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

shore

codling 6lb
    pollack 5lb
    any bass :embarrass:

yak

codling 5lb
    pollack 5lb on the float
    bass, any

19. snap off!

snap off! Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

howdo, my target is simple just go out more and see what happens, i was thinking about having ago for bass so thats one and to get another pb cod

20. fazbats

fazbats Blenny

My target for 2010 is simple.........Still be here for 2011 :yes: :yes:

I also hope to move nearer the coast so as to do more fishing that I did in 2009.
    The 180 mile round trip is a pain in the Ar*e

I hope you all achieve your aspirations, And wish you, A happy and prosperous new year to all :yes: :yes:
    Regards
    Carl