1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your Posts - Comments Or Views ?

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Sep 2, 2015.

1. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Theres been a lot of comment lately about people not responding. However what you should also know is long after your topics disappear off the first page of the forum, and perhaps never get commented on again, they are still getting hits, weekly, monthly and annually, and what this means is, long after you've forgot your topics, people are reading them and learning from your efforts.

Ive bumped a few topics up onto the main page for you to have a look through. Sometimes people may comment and say thankyou. Sometimes you may be fishing on the rocks and someone recognises you and says - "hey I read your topic about @@@@£££$ - I loved it and it helped me out".

Sometimes you may never know who is reading. But I can tell you now, that those who have taken the effort to contribute over the years have helped more people than they can ever imagine.

Garry and his gangs posts about The Mull Of Galloway inspired us to go to Skye, which in turn inspired them to go to Skye. Now everyone seems to be on it. But thats what its all about.

2. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

Very well said Glenn , I have certainly learned things from the forum , but I still cant for the life of me understand the attitude of
    I will read a post , maybe take up one or two pointers BUT wont reply ! what is so difficult ?

3. mocksqueek

mocksqueek Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Great post , well said

4. mocksqueek

mocksqueek Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Double posted . Sorry.

5. crabadabado

crabadabado Blenny

I often look back at your fishing marks info just to remind myself if I am unsure when is the best time to fish them.

6. lipslicker

lipslicker Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

This site is cracking, with awesome info on.
    As you say, many topics have been done, and so many of us just go back through a search.
    Agree yet again with Big Cliff (surely one of our best contributors) and admit that I am guilty of that myself. I do try to make comments, but often have not got a worthwhile one or a valid observation, and feel I shouldn't clog up threads.
    But you are right.
    Too much work involved possibly, but I would love to be able to press 'like' or a 'thanks' to register appreciation.
    Ben

7. deecee

deecee Blenny

I've been fishing now for 50 years and have to say that through this site I have learned so much and have had a great deal of enjoyment. I don't get out often enough to post much on my exploits but have managed to post a couple of reports on holiday trips to Scotland.
    My thanks go to the regular posters like Alan , Gary, Harry et al . I will try to make more effort if not by way of reports then at least by acknowledging my appreciation for people like Alan whose posts are interesting and whose nuggets of wisdom are invaluable.

8. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

I learned a lot of my fishing marks techniques and special rig making from Alan, Garry, and our group of like minded Anglers ,
    for the last 20 years we have been going around the country trying out our skills and finding new marks and passing on the info we learn ,, i love esspecialy the trips to Mull of Gallaway, where with the help of Garry i caught my fish of a life time ,and only last month ,with the help of info from Glenn and the Whitby Bass club we saw Matty catch his fish of a life time ,a Great Skate of 207lb,
    on the Isle of Skye, lets hope the sharing continues and all our fishing skills improve , tight lines all.

Harry .

9. Bernie

Bernie Blenny

Glenn I really enjoy reading the reports on the forum, have learnt a lot and am very grateful to the regular contributors. As I moved from Yorkshire to the South years ago I haven't much to contribute as maybe I'm only back once a year and don't want to clog up threads with thanks messages when the contributors mostly don't actually know me (maybe a mistake and I should do). If there was a 'like' facility I'd be clicking it. It's great for me to be able to keep in touch with what's going on though eg Your picture that the sea's come away and now I'm looking for what's going to be caught in the next few days so I hope folks will keep posting and keep this forum alive!

10. jc

jc Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

brilliant site loads of info cant fault it have learned lots from the regular contributers and hopefully more to come

11. faraday

faraday Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Well i read up on ian's (quint) red white wool lures recently - tried one last week and eventually had a 3lber on the last stop on way back in.

And who said less is better with rigs etc ( glenn ) ? if i remember rightly at least a couple of years ago.... i adopted this and had much better results.

Maybe a lot of readers feel they cannot add anything else to a post/thread ? so if possible a click on a thumb up icon "did you find this post helpful" ? would show acknowledgement - thats what we have on my works engineering forum.

Attached Files:

12. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

Look lads don't worry about your contribution not being worthwhile OF course it is, ALL contributions are welcome anybody and everybody is capable of coming up with a gem or just a good old observation

13. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Some of the Newbie questions are the best. Plus it gives the more experienced lads chance to show off :)