1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your fishing bucket list?

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by mr lee, Jan 13, 2012.

1. mr lee

mr lee Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

What things (fishing orientated..) would you like to achieve before you leave this life?

My list would be....

1, Land a huge halibut. (hopefully achieve that one in April when we go to Norway)
    2, Hook and land a 50lb + cod...As above
    3, Land a steelhead
    4, Own my own boat
    5, Catch a shark
    6, Go Marlin fishing

No limit on your thoughts, just wondered what others would love to be able to tick off their list.

2. cod.ling1973

cod.ling1973 I will cast more than 100 yards one day :-)

1 Be able to chuck a bait 150 yards
    2 Land a double figure cod from the shore
    3 Land a 20+ from the boat
    4 Convince my wife fishing is good and i should go when i want :laugh:
    5 Finally win the lottery!!!!!!

3. andym

andym Rockling

Have my own inshore backwater charter boat on the Gulf coast of Florida
    Catch a Tope from the Yak around Marske
    And I also wanted to catch a shark but managed a small one last october whilst on holiday

4. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Ooooo, good thread. Off the top of my head probably something along these lines:

1/ 18lb+ Pollock off the kayak
    2/ Halibut of any size off the kayak
    3/ 4lb+ Perch
    4/ 30lb+ Pike
    5/ Big Tarpon
    6/ Peacock Bass
    7/ Bonefish on the fly
    8/ Own a real nice fishing boat

Really though my fishing bucket list would fill quite a few pages as there is a lot out there that I'd like to fish for, tbh I've hit a few realistic targets over the years already so I'm happy but wouldn't say no to some of the above :yes:

5. andym

andym Rockling

18lb Pollock youve changed I remember when you would have settled for a 14lb one :whistle: :laugh:

6. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

What, can't a man change his mind :whistle:

7. andym

andym Rockling

You should have told me about the Peacock Bass Sam I used to have one living in a very large aquarium in my conservatory I would have sold you a day ticket :laugh:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Awesome tank bud, shame I missed the chance to go Peacock Bass fishing. Give me a shout when you get a tank setup so I can go Tarpon fishing :cheesy:

9. Roger Melly

Roger Melly Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I suppose that there will always be something that will be unatainable, but personally, I would like to see the fish that I hooked when out on a big water charter boat from Fiji..... I was trolling a big ( about 12" ) electric blue deep water plug about 40-50 yards behind the boat, fishing along the deep side of the reef , when I had a bloody fierce jolt on the rod, fish on, for about 20 seconds, and then all went slack, I reeled in to find that the plug had been bitten clean in half, taking the back end of the plug complete with the large heavy duty trebles, and the stainless central wire that ran the full length of the plug to the treble, had been sheared clean off. ..... :scare:
    I was fishing about 5 miles off the island that Tom Hanks filmed Castaway on...................a dream holiday that I probably will never equal again in my lifetime.

Thats number one on the list, now, let me think..................

Roger.