1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your first fish / fishing trip.

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Feb 19, 2007.

Tags:
  1. kayos

kayos Guest

My fiancee had been freshwater fishing before - you know - stocked lochs using bait, with a few small trout, but never sea fishing, so as a Xmas present in 2010 I booked her first sea fishing trip out of Whitby on Trot On. She is no spring chicken for a first timer! Haha. However she caught far more fish than me. I hooked a decent fish and while about halfway up with it, she hit her first fish. Mine turned out to be the first Pollack of the day and reached 10.5lbs. It was on the deck less than a minute when she boated hers, which totally outdid mine! Two of her Cod touched the scales at just over 10lbs as did two Pollack. Not a bad first trip! Skipper Paul sorted us out with heavy leads and 50lb line, as we were fishing way too light. Back out with him in July on his new boat. Can't wait. We also were out with Rich when he caught his monster Halibut. Added to that a fantastic trip on Charisma and we have to say Whitby has been good to us. Will be down for some trips during the festival, hoping for more of the same.

Her first fish. 13.5lbs !

[​IMG]