1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your Favourite Time Of Year ?? Summer Or Winter !!!!

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Nov 22, 2008.

?

What is your favourite time of year for fishing on our coast ?

Poll closed Nov 27, 2008.
  1. Summer

50.0%
  2. Winter

50.0%
  1. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

What is your favourite time of year for sea fishing on our coastline ? Please state why you prefer the time of year you voted for.

2. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member

voted for winter. I just dont have confidence fishing for cod n the summer and prefer fishing in the dark.

cheers

3. dbrown

dbrown Guest

I vote for summer, love fishing Bempton/flamborough in summer on the windless light nights and it's as far as my mum will take me.

Dan

4. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

up until this year i would have said winter but the kayak purchase opened up so much more summer fishing so i have voted summer

5. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Love my winter fishing - never more than this year, probably due to the great rapore and banter on here but those summer days chilling on the yak with crystal clear waters does it for me ( apparently you do get the odd summer like that but not that much last year :no: )

Ken

6. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Winetr....the season lasts 11 months ! :wink:

7. newdave

newdave Guest

fishing & sking are all that make winter bearable for me, but summer cant come quick enough just hope we get one next year :yes:

8. kipper

kipper New Member

must be summer, i take more risks when bass fishing from the rocks. though i always wear a life jacket and my greys waders.

9. Dav

Dav Rockling

I do love my winter fishing i must say ...but fishing for cod through summer is also great ....as you can always say to ureself im gona try for bass tommorow .... :cheesy:

10. GJW

GJW Rockling

Summer fishing more species to target Cod Pollack and Bass mostly, but i do like going out in the winter hunting for a big pig of a cod unfortunately most times i come home with a mop tho..... :laugh:

11. Dav

Dav Rockling

At least you manage to get summat gaz lad . unlike me last night ..... :suspious: :happy:

12. Baramundi Bob

13. newdave

newdave Guest

I wonder if the results are different depending when you ask the question, during summer a lot of folk start to luck forward to a bit of Cod fishing in the winter, once it arrives you realize that the fishing is the only thing that makes winter bearable. In my opinion of course :tease:

only 3 more weeks before the nights start drawing out :canadian: :canadian:

14. 70cal

70cal Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

summer i think carn't remember the last time we had one!! :cool:

15. Baramundi Bob

Soon be bass time Dave

16. adrenalin.

adrenalin. Blenny

summer for me,got a boat at withernsea raider 16 but sadly only went out 4 times because of the swells.
    dont mind a bit of skate fishing on the small evening tides at the south end of withernsea neither.

17. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Winter for me. The summers are too cold :sick:

18. SAGE

SAGE always trying...... some say very trying !!!!!

vote for winter time ...but if this winter keeps going like my past few sessions i might make summer time my favourite time....lol

19. Albert All

Albert All Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Winter for me the summers are to wet

20. IanB

IanB Blenny

I have always loved winter, the best by far, until tonight on whitby pier,
    I dont think that I have ever been so cold in my 35 years fishing, it was bloody freezing
    and I blanked :sick:
    There was 3 codling caught (biggest about 4.5lb) when we left.
    I dont know whether I feel the cold more because of my health, getting old,
    or it was just extremely cold. :yes: