1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

your favourite mark

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by wardish89, Mar 9, 2013.

1. wardish89

wardish89 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

just wondering what ppls fave mark is mine is port mulgrave love it down there jus the climb backs not to clever :no:

2. jonnyhaddock

jonnyhaddock eric the viking

mine favourite mark is mark rampacash

3. Mark Gelder

Mark Gelder Rockling

Lots of favourate marks..........

Summer would have to be the Scaurs at Thornwick, probably not the most productive but its stunning down there.

Autumn- As got to be Bemmo especially October.

Winter- 2 new marks ive fished a fair bit this year are Holbeck and LHS of runswick, favourate marks already.

4. arc

arc Blenny

Wardy's Rock ( Peeping John ) MOG . Conger heaven :yes:

5. Boro5707

Boro5707 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

The rocks in port rush bay, northern Ireland. Had 15 species in 6 hours to rag and lug in the summer of 2004. A red gurnard I think would of broke the British record! (if only I knew at the time) 2 different fish every cast, that day will live with me forever. Locals either side of me, looking in disbelief as I was pulling fish out. Them catching a few fish each. Must of had 100 fish! Mostly small but the varity was unreal. Best 2 a d a half years of my army career, fishing the northern Ireland coast.

6. snap off!

snap off! Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

howdo, i live port mulgrave in the winter, steady walk up and down, once your on chosan spot, jetty, at high or rocks on low, you dont have to worry about chaseing the tide,

i like whitby harbour in the summer for flounders , lite set up, sat in shorts , carnt beat it

there are loads of marks( places ) fevor afield like abroath( best place for summer cod) and i like filey brigg

7. FireFly

FireFly Blenny

When I'm up there - Redcar Scaurs.

8. bearne007

bearne007 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

i think any were down the north east coast were well blest with some fantastic fishing venues.... the rest of the country must be jealous haha

9. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

For me it has to be Cowbar Cliffs , I usually have the place to myself , handy , no walking / climbing involved

10. wardish89

wardish89 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

ive tried cowbar cliffs a few times but its neva produced for me have u done any good there

11. jc

jc Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

mull of galloway the wall for me lots of fish ,diff species
    and took grandson so fine memories

12. michael76

michael76 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The BestEST

The ore terminal for me holds good memories massive bags ofvwhiting if u catch it right excellent sport on a calm frost the industry very comfortable fishing the odd codling amd sme nice flounder,Whitby west on a summer evening watching tjevsum holbeck cos I just have a feeling. Gonna catch a biggie one day there I feel it in my bones.its mad how we will have an emotional attachment to certain Marks,,,good topic.

13. THE DOLPHIN

THE DOLPHIN Rockling

Sandsend cliffs don't care if I catch anything or not just chill out and enjoy the moment.

14. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

I have caught a hell of alot of fish from there , the thing is like alot of marks you have to pick the right tides
    and WINDOWS to fish ie If the tides are of a good size 99 times out of a hundred the best fishing will be on the EBB
    Ive had fish 4 hours back , on the Slack tides usually 1.5 HRS either side of HW is the best , the bigger tides give alot
    bigger windows to catch the fish in , also different areas of Cowbar Cliffs fish at different times the Boiler cliff fishes
    earlier in the tide than the White post on the bigger tides

15. lawsy

lawsy Rockling

Salt wick can't beat it

16. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

goldsborough, closely followed by runswick

17. garbutts

garbutts Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Goldsbrough an bear fleet

18. mike_t

mike_t Jackson Kayak Team Member

Got to be runswick for me, where I first went sea fishing, and caught plenty of fish down there. Love it down there

19. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

North hawsker in right conditions cracking spot in daylight .

Paul

20. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Saltwick Nab. Nowhere compares. I want my ashes to be thrown in there when Im gone.