1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your Favourite Charter Skipper ?

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Nov 15, 2012.

1. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/your-favourite-whitby-charter-skipper

2. Misso

Misso Blenny

Not sure where you are going AGAIN with this topic glen as the results always points to the same two skippers who daily post their catches on this site, morst of the voters have proberly never been out with any of the skippers at whitby they just cast their vote though reading the topics posted when none of the other skippers post their catches.

for me i will vote for the skipper who never posts (unless its the a harbour record)
    Dont want to cause a stir on this topic but needed to say my piece.

3. Baramundi Bob

Your welcome to say your piece. end of the day, its a poll like any other, take from it what you will. What I must say is you should make sure you have your facts straight before you make such a post though or ill pick you up on it. The 2 skippers who make daily posts to the forum are Paul Kilpatrick and Rich Cope. The second of which is in 12th place with 10 people above him, whom coincidentally, never post on the site.

4. Misso

Misso Blenny

Why post a topic if you do not like what people have top say regarding said topic, I am only making a comment from what i have previously read on the same topic that you posted last year, i unlike you or others do not visit the site as much as i would like so am dissapointed that you make threats to make me look stupid by pulling me up on my facts,all i was saying was that there are other good skippers at Whitby that a small hand full of members have never heard about and that at the end of the day the end figure are not always true

5. Baramundi Bob

Not making any threats at all, just pointing out your post was factually incorrect, which it was. You could have held your hands up to that and apologised, most people would have, myself included had I made such a mistake.

6. Antony

Antony New Member

In my time ,iv'e fished on Gina St Belle,Provider M,Toiler,Heather of burnham,Shytorque and Jean K and they have all been great skippers on theses boats,but my favourite Whitby skipper has to be Paul Kilpatrick as he has given so much time explaining all the rigs he uses on this forum and keeps us well informed on whats happening,plus he had every right to make me pay full cost of a days fishing from me when i had to cancell my place,but only asked for a small amount because i rang him and explained why i couldnt come.So he has a heart and i cant wait to meet him next wednesday,just hope the predicted 20 mile winds dont come :no:

7. bigmc

bigmc Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

i dont know who misso is and frankly dont care.his opinion is valid just as much as the other people who voted or read the topic back then.it really is a matter of personal choice.the point of people voteing for the 2 skippers who make the effort to post catch reports is bollox.as stated in previous threads all boats can post information,catch reports and most importantly good pictures.all the skippers i have great respect for but it is their livelihood and those who accept and embrace times have changed and use forums and promote themselves useing all available media outlets will do better than those who rely on repeat bookings and local customers.we come up from hull,people come from west yorks,cumbia and further afield.i enjoy reading the reports,the more the better.on topic id vote rich on mistress.ive been on 2 boats from grimsby,trojan warrior,and sea otter and ive enjoyed them all in different ways.sea otter and mistress are different class.paul on sea otter is the best angler ive ever seen and i wouldnt argue with him being top of the pops.but for all round service rich and deano take some beating.i think the crewman is important especialy with new customers .moneys tight for most people and a fishing trip isnt easy to justify nowadays.competition for customers in any leisure activity is just going to get tougher so i suggest rather than bitching about those who take the time to attract new punters and tempt back past anglers ,try putting the time they take moaning about others into their own business.not after an argument just my take on things

8. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

There is one thing in this game and its dead simple you get out what you put in when you have been up since 5 am and dont get off the boat till sometimes 6pm its a very long day epecially when you are at it 7 days a week but to then go home and spend a couple of hours on the pc makes it an extremly long day but its all about this and what we do keeping people in know of whats happening plus it all makes great reading many people read the topics lads tell me personally how much they love to read the threads and to look at the pictures and to see there mug shots it brings a smile to there face.

I have been doing this job for well over 20 years but this year i decided to have a crewman onboard dave looks after the lads show them how to make the best rigs etc and also fillet the lads fish if they wish its allways far better to take a cool box full of fillets to take home so its straight into the freezer rather than have a load of heads and waste etc to put in the bin.

paul.

9. Baramundi Bob

Well said that man.