1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your Favourite Boat Fishing Techniques ?

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Jan 4, 2010.

1. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

2. brian carragher

brian carragher Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Its very rare I fish with baits using artificials as my main attrack from about 30 odd years ago when muppets were all the rage and I've just sort of tried any amount of strange rubber things and bits of shiny plastic with hooks in to lure fishing from a boat with plugs and worms but if I had to pick one method for the whole year it would have to be shad fishing

Shad fishing when they're having a go is just fantastic, no little taps and was that a bite, balanced tackle light rods that bend and give and smallish (6500) multipliers loaded with 20lb mono or 30lb braid and you know you've got every one one. Cod of 4/5lb on the right gear give a good account of themselves and certainly kill the old tale of cod not fighting

3. Baramundi Bob

Surely there isnt only 13 boat anglers on the site ? It only takes a few seconds to follow the link and leave a comment

4. THE DOLPHIN

THE DOLPHIN Rockling

I voted the other day but have just left a comment as below.

I used alot of hokies last year fished with a jigger on the bottom I like my jigging in the summer but I also use Shads as well and have had good results. However last year the Hokies and Jiggers seamed to out fish the Shads as a mate of mine only fishes with Hokies and on one perticular day I changed to shads but he was getting more fish on Hokies having said that the fish I got on the Shads were of better sizes also it,s lighter work on the arms.
    I also enjoy Uptiding through the winter months although my boat is out of the water for the winter.
    I would say 2009 was a year to remember for me best year i,v had for a while now. Let hope this year is as good if not better.

5. willybendit

willybendit Rockling

well for me it as to be uptiding weather its for cod or tope its just that nod nod then slamdown or slackliner bloody magic i also like fishing jellyworms for pollack but thats only round the mull 2009 was my best year on the boat looking back ive had tope smoothound pollack wrasse gurnard (red & grey) dogfish huss thornback rays bass my fishing partner( Richard) caught his first ever tope up scotland then my other mate (Andy) caught his first ever tope out of hornsea so all in all ive had a good time pictures and memorys i will never forget think its time to sit back recharge the batterys and go get em when this snow finaly melts but for now its the beaches and cliff topps im fishing only been twice and blanked both times must remember that lottery ticket might have better luck with one of them tightlines Alain

6. Baramundi Bob

7. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

When i first start i like to use a jig, it is a killer method on wrecks, but after two to three hours i will go on the shads, it is a lot easier on the arms the older you get :wounded: :embarrass:

8. foo

foo You've gotta be in it to win it.

Only been wreck fishing once so not got a favourite method but in years gone by my favourite method was chrome pirks and rippers.

9. bucko

bucko New Member

While only a newcomer to boat fishing, shad fishing has got me hooked. They really gave you an edge over the wrecks last week and some guys did really well with sidewinder sandeels for the pollock.

10. mystic girl

mystic girl Blenny

It depends totally on where you are and conditions-
    In shore, shallow water slow drift and wanting only big fish -pirk only
    In shore, shallow water slow drift and wanting any size fish - pirk and hokies (smaller hokies if you want mac)
    If your deeper water and you want to avoid casting the pirk all the time -shad
    If you want ling bait every time (on its own or with hokies in dirty water)

The most enjoyable fishing is when your catching fish

Just my opinion -Regards John

11. Captainahab

Captainahab New Member

Thats good news, my son and i have our yearly week of boat fishing out of whitby commencing sunday week, and we have a good collection of sidewinder sandeels. Hopefully the Pollack will oblige (weather permitting?).

12. Wildcard

Wildcard Hartlepool Marina - Simply The Best

13. Dav

Dav Rockling

Jigging.... :surprise: :cheesy:.....

14. steerser

steerser Blenny

Uptideing for me.

15. madmickyb

madmickyb Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

the last time i went boat fishing was in the 80's !!! you only had one thing to use off the cobbles at brid and that was mussels !!!! .......
    as to what i use off my own boat (when we finally launch !!) its gonna be one hell of a big learning curve !!

tightlines ...mick