1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your Favourite Area To Fish At Runswick

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Dec 28, 2009.

Tags:
?

What is your favourite area to fish at Runswick ???

Poll closed Dec 31, 2009.
  1. Yacht Club

44.7%
  2. Hill Stones

27.7%
  3. In Front Of Slipways

4.3%
  4. Little Run

4.3%
  5. Anywhere On The Beach

12.8%
  6. Rocks On The Left Near Lifeboat Slip

23.4%
  7. Sewer Pipe

12.8%
  8. Wills Mums

14.9%
  9. Past Wills Mums - Port Mulgrave Corner

4.3%
  10. Another Mark - Please Say Below

6.4%
  11. Jetty/Beach Near Lifeboat Slip

10.6%
  12. Sea Wall/Rock Defence

21.3%
  1. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Following on from a couple of topics about Runswick. Which are your favourite areas to fish and why ??

2. Ringer

Ringer Rockling

sea wall/rock defence as I've had my biggest fish and biggest bag from there.

3. willybendit

willybendit Rockling

Ive not fished for 2 +years but when i was there last time it was in front of the yacht club with( deadlylookingfishead) Rich my boat fishing partner and his mate Dan (first time sea fishing) caught a cod of about 1lb 1 1/2lb his first cod and didn't know what it was told him to ask rich what it was don't know weather he new it was a cod or not his face was a picture Ha Ha he knows better now but hes bloody hard work thick t at happy newyear tightlines Alain

4. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

ive not fished all those marks so i would have to say my most productive sessions have been infornt of the yacht club. alo done ok on the storm defence boulders

5. SAGE

SAGE always trying...... some say very trying !!!!!

ive had a few fish along past the yacht club where the beach meets the rocks, theres a bit of a valley behind me when i fish it.... dont know if its a mark or if its got a name
    cheers
    Paul

6. Baramundi Bob

Thats between the yacht club and little run. Not sure if anyone gave it a name but it certainly produces the odd fish or 2.

7. Baramundi Bob

I dont know if you guys can see the results yet as I set them not to show untill the poll is over. The strange trend I can see at the moment is, with the exception of hill stones, that the marks I would consider the best have no votes. It sort of confirms that people take the easier options rather than putting in the effort to fish the more productive areas.

8. dan the pollock

dan the pollock Rockling

ive always had fish about 3/4 of the way round to the left on the rocks

9. steveevo

steveevo Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

with the choice of fishing on my jack jones a lot wen i fish runswick i tend to keep to the areas i know, rather than be adventerous, i stick to the yacht club 1 cod only ever 6lber last year, would love to try other spots

10. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

I have so many good nights at different spots down ruswick very hard to to pick 1 spot.

paul.

11. Baramundi Bob

You have 3 votes Paul. I know you love Little Run and you also got that big fish near the Jetty off the rocks.

12. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member

Could it be, glenn, That the magority of people that are going down there dont know where these marks are ?

13. Baramundi Bob

Quite possibly mate. Obviously you cant blaim them for just heading onto the sands and casting in, it is easy and appealing. But then you hear so many people complaining about the weed and lack of fish, and I just think to myself that if you put in a bit of effort and walk for another 10 minutes you can fish marks with no weed and a hell of a lot more chance of catching fish. The scope of Runswick as a fishing mark is amazing yet its lost on so many people which is a shame. There are dozens if not hundreds of places you could catch fish between Kettleness and Port Mulgrave, however it means I can often stand on my own and pull out fish whilst most stand in crowds and pull out weed.

14. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member

Yeah i get you glenn. I dont fish much down there myself TBH but i can see the advantages of learning the area like, as i guess you can always find somewhere fishable down there :happy:

tightlines

15. Dav

Dav Rockling

Runswicks not a fav haunt of mine altho i have fished it abit , The best session i can think of was when i fished the little jetty and the wall behind..i think it was a big n/e or e at the time ....
    Maybe alot of the anglers who fish it aim to fish it over h/w and for ease glen ?

16. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

runswick aint a fav haunt of mine iether davross, but i have had many good nights at runny, seven fish to eight pound to the left, four fish from hillstones for over 25lb , but the best was one night years back , middle of the beach, they came on about 3 before low on a neep tide and i had 12 fish for about 35lb, pleasure fishing all times

17. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

i voted hillstones as best,but there are others ,i remember one night a few years back myself and Garry,we couldn,t fail to catch we started in the middlle of the beach and worked towards the yacht club,it was a fish a cast, and over the course of the session we worked our way back to the slip again allmost every cast one of us got a fish ,bait for me was rag tipped with mussell,

18. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

I have passed paul a couple of times as i have made my way back from hillstones,fishing little run :wink:

19. foo

foo You've gotta be in it to win it.

I have voted for the sea defence rocks,yacht club and the rocks on the left simply because these are the only marks I am certain I know the location of whilst fishing runswick.Yes I do need to recce the area more.

20. wilky

wilky Blenny

I voted for the yacht club...because I am used to fishing the sandy shallow beaches of the west Fylde coast, and it is most like what i am used to fishing. Only fished it a couple of times and only 'slugs' and 'mops' (see... I am getting used to the local lingo) to show for it so far but conditions havent been favourable yet. Trying to get more adventurous and fish the Port Ms etc but time is in short supply and cant get over that way as much as I would like to learn the marks or the different techniques. Live in hope though.