1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your best tip?

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by MandolinBanjo, Mar 7, 2013.

1. MandolinBanjo

MandolinBanjo Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Ey up, so I've been enjoying getting out every weekend I can for over a year now, caught plenty of flat ties, small pollock, some whiting, pouting etc and generally steered every weekend away camping with my girlfriend towards the coast… what's the next step or your best tip to someone like myself for catching something a bit more elusive or significant? I'm happy with my equipment, get to some great places, robin hoods bay, ness point etc so what would your advice be? I'm thoroughly loving the learning experience that occurs every time I get out and I've come a long way but what might I be missing?

Thanks for any thoughts on this :)

Marcus

2. wardish89

wardish89 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

try find out abit about filey brigg cod cod and more cod lol can be dangerous ive beeen told so try get local info

3. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

summer is coming, well june maybe, dont go mad mate, take your lass to sandsend upgang with a bit of surf on, source some nice fresh red ragworm, fish long snoods with a good sharp hook, now enjoy your search for the gorgeous silver bullit bass that frequent the area :yes:

just not the surf thats on at mo :laugh:

4. MandolinBanjo

MandolinBanjo Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Ha ha, big this weekend by the sounds if things! Thanks for the tip, being an inland dweller hadn't come across sand send before, cheers, never heard of red lug either, only delt with blacks and yellow tails so far, are they a dig your own bait?

When you say long snoods do you suffer from tangles or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for this info guys!

Might try to get up Whitby way this weekend, got some unwashed squid and lug in the freezer :)

5. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

Always have a wide angle lens on , and DONT be a train on a track