1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your best 5 fish for the table are ?

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by wildcard, Sep 29, 2008.

1. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

I ve not had a problem, knock it on the head , cut the skin behind the head stand on it's head and then pull the skin off towards its tail. If your careful tey just skin in one piece. Then lop off the head clean the remaining, job done. At home carefully run a sharp knife either side of the cartilage back bone and you will be left with a nice firm fillet of flesh from each side. :cool:

2. andyman

andyman Doh! Come back, stupid fish

1. Haddock (or Cod for most rod anglers). I've yet to catch one myself.
    2. Bass
    3. Mackerel
    4. Gurnard. I've only ever caught grey gurnard and never tried them, but red gurnard is beautiful
    5. Monkfish. Very nice tasting fish but never caught one. Don't know if they're caught on rod and line.

I'm also quite partial to Pollock, Skate, Sardines, Herring, Plaice, Coalfish, Ling and quite a few other of our native species. The only one I don't really care for is Salmon, but that might be because I've never caught one that was big enough to eat.
    Swordfish, Tuna, Tilapia, Red Mullet, Sea Bream, Mahi Mahi, Red Snapper are a few of my favourite non-native species.

3. E.F.C. FOREVER

E.F.C. FOREVER Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

1.cod
    2.smoked mackrell
    3.salmon
    4.pollock
    5.fishcake from fuscos
    Word of warning aswell people do not eat the "sustainable" fish panga.....
    Honest you don't want to know
    Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

4. rupert

rupert Blenny

1. Really fresh Mackerel caught last thing and kept cold in a cool box awaiting a hot barbeque whole and only a squeeze of lemon when cooked.
    2. Gurnard. Funny little fish but really taste great grilled whole with butter.
    3. Bass - Filleted and on the barbeque having sat in the fridge with lemon juice, fresh ginger and mild chilli powder marinade for two hours.
    4. Plaice - Filleted and in the frying pan with butter.
    5. Haddock - Filleted and fried in top job batter.

5. bigsi

bigsi Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Any fish that is cooked for me !!,can't beat chippy,no washing up.

6. jethro

jethro New Member

1, Monkfish
    2, Haddock
    3, Wolf fish
    4, Cod
    5, Swordfish. :happy: :happy:

7. ric4ard

ric4ard Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

from the ones I have caught
    haddock skin off
    Pollock