1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

your angling roots ??

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by robq, Mar 28, 2008.

1. fire1160

fire1160 New Member

ok ill be blunt i was a total bugger at school always doing the wrong things always in trouble and always fighting i didnt know eny better becouse no one whould lissen i had a right old punch up with a lad that id bullied for ages and he hit me so hard i was scared pooless so i quickly become bessi m8ts and he took me fishing on the cannal at goole i loved it thats what started me off then we moved to the coast withernsea and all my freinds used to sea fish and i was the odd one out on the weekends so i purchased some tackle and ive never looked back on a lighter note im a mutch nicer person and i feel that its angeling thats made me do that and if it wasnt for martin id have been locked up im now 29 and i started when i was twelve

2. baza

baza New Member

watching my dad tickle trout at hamsterley and learning to do it myself at about 6 years of age had me fascinated with fish. i used to fill a bucket with them show my dad them and put them back, did it every day i was there for years. at about the same time i used to visit my aunty on a weekend who lived on the headland and played out with the kids over there who took me pennicking, brilliant sport in the big rock pools. i had a glass boat and used it for a few years. i acquired a mitchell multiplier a few years later and fished on the pilot pier every sunday the only thing i can remember catching was a polywog.the women thing lasted about 10yrs and got back into it at about 19.

3. Hammy

Hammy New Member

My grandad was fishing mad and took me with him from an early age, I didnt see that much of him as he lived in america but we'd always go pottering about with rods on the esk or down to whitby pier when he came over. I have some fine memories of fishing in the states with him on the few times I went to visit - out on little boats on lakes and various bits of the atlantic coast and gulf of mexico.
    Didnt do alot for many years, just the occasonal chuck in the river, but reawakened my interest when I moved to cloughton about 10 years ago. As I'm now self employed I've tried to make more time to go fishing from the shore and learn some kind of improved techniques ( although that bits not worked! lol )
    I get a lot of enjoyment out of it, even though I'm useless, there can't be a finer thing to do than stand on the shore in a force nine, pissing wet through, covered in slimy bait juice, wondering if the next wave will be your last! :laugh: :laugh:

4. fishergirl

fishergirl Blenny

went on a family outing down filey brigg when i were 3 and apparently caught a wrasse about 10 yards out. not what me dad were expecting! got a photo at home of me, fred and tom fishing on a pier in scotland too. fished junior parr match in scarborough festival every year between ages of 6 ( :whistle:) and 14. fished marine drive match at age of 11, were 15th and won junior and ladies sections. (also had me name in the paper for that :cheesy:). joined cloughton club that same year i think. fished a few open matches and cleared up a few junior prizes along the way :tease: Won a match at age of 14, met nick down filey brigg at 16, joined filey club, got an article in sea angler and caught bugger all since. :cheesy: