1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

your a sea angler, HOW TO HANG ON TO THE MISSUS

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Lobbers, Jun 11, 2010.

1. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

Now then lads, we all love our sport, but how do you manage to do as much as you can without upsetting the missus without it getting :ugly:

i only seem to have one type of vocabulary and its the sea, and she don't like it :no:

give us your excuses :yes:

2. Mick Dunn

Mick Dunn Blenny

My missus doesn,t mind me fishing - its when i get home in the winter with all my gear wet and stinking of fish and squid etc. Stinks the consevatory out drying it out.

Mick.

3. ingoe1

ingoe1 Rockling

Just tell her you boilermakers are all the same :laugh:

4. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

see, your not fishing enough mick.... if you fish all year long, then all you have is the smell excuses, surely you have the nice meal wot i caught excuse :yes: :yes:

5. eto

eto Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Hi All

Well Lobbers I have to chuckle at that one, that's easy!!!
    Marry some one from a small island - like I did 30 odd years ago - the ogin runs in the blood you know???

Regards

eto

6. Steve

Steve Rockling

just go on blob week. you can both have some peace then

7. Ian Alexander

Ian Alexander Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

That's an excellent question, however the answer is simple......I am afraid it is impossible to ever keep a woman happy.....it would be easier trying to push butter up a hedgehogs arse with a red hot knitting needle.

Any man that manages to keep the missus happy, (and not just with the fishing, I find that they will have an objection to most things), is a genius of Einstein proportions and deserves a medal the size of a frying pan.

The thing that I hate the most is when you come home and they have a face like a smacked arse so you say "what's the matter" and you get the answer "Nothing", I mean come on what's all that about.

Sorry about the rant.

Regards Ian

8. suzuki999

suzuki999 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

9. eto

eto Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Hi All

Mr Alexander - Absolute classic!!!!!

Regards

eto

10. smokey

smokey Rockling

Choosing the right one in the first place helps a lot :wink: :happy: tight lines

11. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

be a right tw4t then she cant wait to get you out the house!

12. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

How right you are Ian , they are a pain in the arse , full stop ----- when we took woodwork and metalwork lessons at school the women went
    to whinging classes , fact ----- the point is alot of women dont have a strong interest in anything and they expect you to be the same , if you
    go to work and put in a half shift / work the weekend thats ok , but they dont think you should have anything going on in your life , arent i enough syndrome , why do you want anything else etc etc, they just dont look at the big picture , theres quite a bit of the year when conditions
    are far from ideal from the fishing point of view , flat seas day after day, blowing a gale off the land where you can hardly stand up etc etc
    well when it was like that i didnt want to go much, but if the sea was up in the autumn / winter you had to go and reap the harvest after all
    if a farmers crops are right for harvesting he has to harvest them and get them all collected in, it was no good waiting till the heavy rain came
    and for me fishing is like that, women should get more interests wether it be aerobics , swimming baths , craft classes, walking groups etc
    then they might not get on there high horse as much , and if that dosent work its a matter of on your bike

:yes: :yes:

13. fazbats

fazbats Blenny

Use reverse psychology :educated: :educated:

Give her the choice to let you go fishing ................................ :yes: :yes: :yes:

"Hey love, I'm off fishing. If you don't like it you know where the door is"

She then gets to choose what to do. Either be happy to let you go fishing OR she can Fcuk off and not be there when you get back.... Either way you get to go fishing and don't get any s*it for it when you get home

NOW THAT'S A RESULT :wink: :wink: :wink:

14. fazbats

fazbats Blenny

silly t shirt maker ????? Where did that come from?

15. Ian Alexander

Ian Alexander Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I've said it before but this usually works:

I say to our lass "Well love, I can't make my mind up what to do today, have a day of mental sex or go fishing"

She always replies, "Don't forget your flask"

Regards Ian

16. THE DOLPHIN

THE DOLPHIN Rockling

Not sure what the answer is to this one. But I am sure going the right way about loosing one.

(WHAT TIME DO YOU CALL THIS)

Then it is all picture and no sound so I might as well go to the pub just to finish the day off right.

17. Chris j

Chris j Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

simple answer ,does she mind you coming in at 3 in the morning smelling of crabs or the alternative .... :laugh:

18. wakeydanny

wakeydanny Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

coming from wakefield i drop our lass in york to go shopping en route. Works every time, or if its early morning i hang my hands out of the window till there cold then when i get back in bed for "a quick cuddle" i get told to "f**k off and go fishing or something" that works a treat too. Only problem is when i get home n gut my catch on the doorstep she doesnt like the smell

19. ibuprofenman

ibuprofenman Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Get your other half to take up an evening class.

But that is only half the trick because you next need to find out what day (or days) she attends then say "Oh I've got x,y or z on that night but don't worry I'll take you to your evening class as I wasn't really that interested in doing x, y or z anyhow." The trick then is to subtly mention each week what you are missing so when you disappear off fishing, she feels good as it frees her from feeling guilty.

20. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

That works for me. And now she plays poker on the net, she would not notice if I was not there. Lol.