1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

you can only take 3 lures, which ones

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by newdave, Jul 18, 2010.

Tags:
  1. newdave

newdave Guest

so your going bassing in the kayak & your only aloud 3 plugs & want to Troll a bit & cast around close in, what do you take ?, someone get it started please while i contemplate my bag of shineys & decide which ones never come out :confused:

2. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

yo zuri crystal minnow, storm jointed thunderstick, Sliver

only because thats the only 3 i have!

3. smokey

smokey Rockling

Isn't this post a bit "yakkist" dave :whistle: :wink: :happy:
    Seeing as i don't have one,i would say whichever 3 you and iain use :kiss: :whistle: tight lines

4. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Come on Dave, you know Iain will only use the 3 he manages to scrounge from you :cheesy:

Personally I like..a thunderstick, a chrystal minnow and whatever that really good plug my mate Buzz Lightyear, the mad welsh man gave me last time I saw him :cheesy:
    Fck me does that catch fish :cheesy:

5. newdave

newdave Guest

OK, I have decided I could happily set off with the following

husky jerk deep, maria chase BW redhead, rapala j13 blue & white

so why the hell do i have a big bag full with me :confused:

I am sure in the same way as i used to score the same round a golf course in the 3 club competion as when i had 14 clubs, the above would work

6. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

mine would be..maria chase bw, yo-zuri crystal minnow red head and rapala sliver. They are all proven small bass catchers :cry:

7. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Must admit guys, seen the Rapala Sliver mentioned a few times...........love this lure, slim, deep diving, but i do tend to relate it to deep pollock fishing :happy:

8. quint

quint Watch out Emperor Zorg's about

Yeah the Sliver, j11, and maria angel :kiss:

Although ask me next week when I've plucked up enough courage to take my new 20 pound plug out of the my house safe

9. robq

robq Rockling

sliver, x-rap and maria angel kiss. That covers the 3 depths for me :yes:

No fancy colours either for me. Just silver/black or silver/blue preferably with a hint of red around the gills area

10. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Maria Chase BW - Red Head
    Yo zuri crystal minnow red head
    Original storm jointed thunderstick - Crystal parrot

11. biscuitlad

biscuitlad Guest

Going on last year, not in any order:

Rapala SW Xrap 110 - mackerel (this works well as a my trolling plug)
    Sebile Magic Swimmer 110/125 - natural shiner (both good, but the bigger one fishes very shallow)
    Daiwa Saltiga Minnow 120 - laser sardine

This year would be the same, but the last one would be struggle between this year's crop, none of which have had a proper outing. So one of IMA Komono II, IMA Imagine 130, Tacklehouse Feedshallow 130 or Megabass Zonk Gataride 120. They all look good.

I think the variety of plugs that people choose shows a) maybe the plug isn't so important, and that b) certain plugs (Maria's) crop up with disproportionate frequency. Do we have Veals to thank for this or Henry Gilbey?! Not saying Maria's don't catch fish, they certainly do. But for a long time there was only one place you could buy them.

12. dan the pollock

dan the pollock Rockling

Maria BW, Crystal minnow 13cm red head, x-rap mackeral pattern

13. ian 07

ian 07 Guest

Feed shallow
    Zonk
    Husky jerk

14. Dav

Dav Rockling

BW . Angel kiss, x rap..

15. dan the pollock

dan the pollock Rockling

looks like the old faithfuls are still producing the goods compared to the expensive ones.

is this because they dont work as well or that we're not daft enough to drawn in by the hype of these so called 'lures of the moment'?

16. newdave

newdave Guest

basically its because we are from yorkshire & therfor by nature tight T*$ts :laugh: :laugh:

of course if your welsh its a different story

17. Dav

Dav Rockling

Dont know about tight gits ....More like fken skint flints :surprise:... :cheesy: :cheesy:...

18. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

Maria chase BW, crystal minnow, and a black scallywag soft lure :wink:, have you got the Balls to do it , :evil:

19. Shadrap

Shadrap Rockling

Sliver
    Feedshallow
    Patchinko
    I aint got a yak but if I did I would probably go with these

20. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

What colour patchinko Andy ?