1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

YOU CAN CATCH THE BIG ONE UPTIDING

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by bigcod, Nov 19, 2009.

1. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

You can catch the big ones uptiding now a fish like this one in the upcomeing uptiding festival would raise a few eyebrows mark for southport got this brute a few years ago fishing with me we he caught it just of saltwick nab approx 400yds off mark took the fish to whitby angling to be weighed and clocked 28lb a dream fish to catch in shallow water he had a hell of a scrap with it he couldnt speak for 5 minuits after we got it in the boat.

[​IMG]

paul.

2. mr lee

mr lee Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

:surprise: Now that is one hell of a cod!

Nice one! :yes:

3. bigfat

bigfat New Member

what a lump.beautiful

4. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member

great stuff paul. Lovely conditioned fish. Remember first seeing that pic a few years agoa nd it still amazes me :happy:

5. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

I came across it the other day looking through some old snaps. It still amaizes me, and the daft thing is 2 days later we lost one as big if not bigger. It slipped the hook after about 10 minuites.

Another lad called mark from hull is an axcellent angler and was actually playing this fish for about 10 minuites. He new it was massive and so did i, the bloody thing slipped the hook just before it surfaced at the back of the boat.

He was gutted and I think I was even more disappointed than him. I knew it was a clonker and I was just sad i didnt see it. I just wanted to see how big it was and the way it was takeing line, which mark had his clutch set on his 535 I new it was hell of a fish.

paul.

6. 09tindac

09tindac Could'nt catch a cold

Huge cod! Great catch - would be speechless myself