1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

You all mocked but !!

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Jellyworm, Nov 21, 2008.

1. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Well the webcam of Scabby nth bay was showing a a nice clean ground swell of a reasonable size and so Rob and I headed off to a mark North of Scarbro' but South of Whitby.. :wink: :wink: The bait flasks packed with a choice of crab,cart ,razor,mussells,black gully worm and more importantly the new magic crystals ! (I'll not keep it a secret.......liquidised mussell/oyster and garlic !! :yes:).

The get down at the chosen venue looked well trodden and so we knew plenty of others had been trying recently....infact once down I decided on a favourite rock in the backs and all around where the remnants of last nights baits....pleanty of crab and worm cocktails...plus a decent helping of cart baits scattered around so plenty had been down there !

First cast for me and the lead felt like it was picked up and carried out seawards ......after 10 minutes I found out that it had ...by the huge tow rope of weed that I finally managed to haul in. :sad:

A move to the fronts next to Rob was in order but despite that, still the clonking balls of weed came in every retrieve.
    Another well known Scarbro' angler had joined us by now and was well equipped in his signature thigh waders and yellow over trousers...he reckoned it was perfect plenty of colour and around 7ft of swell thundering in.
    At least once the ebb was done with so was the weed.
    Anyway having tried a range of the baits I decided it was time to put one of the new pungent crystals on and so whipped on a stick of the garlic bait and gently lobbed it just past the rock ledge.
    After about 5 minutes I felt thump thump....got myself into the codling crouch....thump struck .......but nothing......first bite missed....just hoped that I would get another chance....the bites were not a plenty !
    Reeled in and whipped on another garlic bait and chucked a couple to Rob who hadn't had a knock up to that point but was busy intrerrogating Mr Medd about the finer points of the mark we were fishing.

Next cast and my bait,another garlic special, was only out about 5 minutes and I felt a good tug then another and on the third I just wound down and felt the kick of a fish.....at that I wound like fury to get it up over the ledge which I did only to then get it stuck in the nearer rocks......as soon it went solid I gave it some line got it moving only to get stuck again.....the swells causing me more than a little trouble......after dumping the lead the fish came into be gilled by Rob nicely.....the first time I ve landed a fish that stunk like it had been marinated in garlic !!

No sooner had I unhooked and cast out again and Rob was shouting ," I'm into one Dave !"....I dashed over and scooped up a much plumper sample for the lad.....so two new baits two fish....stood in between us was Mr Medd with traditional baits and fishless !! :yes:

Well that was about it really no more bites no more fish for any of us........only first trip out with enhanced baits so not a proper test but the early results are promising...goes to show he who dares sometimes wins !
    Rob decided to gut his fish before the climb out and guess what ?
    He found someones rig...hook still shining with cling film wrapped cart bait attached.....so someone missed out on a 7 1/2lb'er...lol... :yes: :yes:

Not a busy night but a good field test session...the crystals will be making another appearance soon.

[​IMG]
    4 1/2lb for me 7 1/2 lb for Golden balls.

[​IMG]
    Sorry bout the gore...but look what was inside !

Cheers Jellyworm.

2. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member

well done lads. some nice fish.

3. robq

robq Rockling

great report and pics mate :yes:

Enjoyed tonight and learned loads !! especially about baits !! :surprise: :surprise:

Just unwinding with a few tinnies after our near 2 hour drive home !! wish I lived in Whitby !!

Rob

4. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

You should move to Whitby mate :wink:. I can climb that cliff and be home having a coffee inside of 30 minutes :cheesy:. Well done on actually catching something you faired better than some and worse than others who were there last night. There were 5 rods down and 3 fish out, so it looks like the mark is fishing very poorly so far this year. Did the hook have wire on it ??

5. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

No but the one with so much bait attached still that i got off the big rock in the back did....telephone wire on the top pennel........chcukced it out for a second dunking....nothing......GARLIC....ITS THE FUTURE !!!

6. Baramundi Bob

No thats not mine mate. I dont use pennels yet and I never fished in the back. Probably whackers.

7. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

What were you doing in Cloughton anyway Glenn....?... :wink: :wink:

8. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Paull in the moring mate, make sure Albo doesn't skin ya on those cranches !!

9. Baramundi Bob

Fishing Dave.

You ??

10. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Yup same ....lol

11. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

well done Dave and Rob

12. fire1160

fire1160 New Member

well done jelly

13. wildcard

wildcard Guest

Great report jelly and thanks for sharing your secret bait formula :educated:

wildcard

14. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

welldone lads couple of fine fish ,i have never used addatives or cart,so tell me again how do you make your garlic and mussel ,oyster mix :whistle: :whistle:

15. Shadrap

Shadrap Rockling

Yet another informative post with good pics cheers Jelly or should that be "Spiceboy" :embarrass:.I guess someone is going to have to tell the cart factory that a more exotic range is needed to cater for our search for the real deal in cod baits.I can just see it now you walk in and ask for a number 25 with extra garlic or chili and chips just in case its successful.Are we going to see a range of bait additives to rival the carp angling fraternity,many of you will already be aware of the wonderful stuff thats already out there :wink: :wink:

16. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Ahh.....some things you have to work out and try yourself....given some of it away but retain that right to holding a little back :yes: :tease: :tease: :tease: :yes:

I chucked out quite a lot of top quality cart baits last night and nothing....good bait I think in certain situations.....just as are other baits....but my thoughts are still firmly in the "cart is no wonder bait" camp.
    Now if someone could grow on the huge edible peeler and peeler lobster baits that I was shown the other week...well that would be a different thing !!!