1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yorkshires worst sea angler

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Hammy, Mar 20, 2008.

1. Hammy

Hammy New Member

Is me I reckon, last two sessions I have excelled myself in uselessness, managed to nest up my reels time after time, - with mags on full, and today I accomplished the amazing feat of casting around 15 feet using a 14 foot rod, :sick: lol, never mind the crack offs and general clumsiness and tripping and falling over, sticking hooks in my fingers, etc, etc......
    I'm sure I'm just having a bad period, but I seem to get worse every time I go out!

Anyone got any similar tales of woe to cheer me up? :laugh:

2. chiplips

chiplips Blenny

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :canadian:

3. Gas_mantle

Gas_mantle Guest

Hammy,

I know the feeling but my mate still has to be the worst fisherman in the land. He spends all his energy into seeing how far he can cast without ever catching a fish.

A few weeks ago on the west pier at Whitby with his brand new £170 rod he decides to cast a lead as far as Sandsend. We can all guess what happens next...... the lead gets caught on the railing behind him.... one enormous power cast and ......

Snap.....

...suddenly the nice new 14ft rod is 10' 4"

4. Hammy

Hammy New Member

Ouch! lol, thats what I need to hear, hehehe, made me feel loads better! ( much as I hate to laugh at other peoples misfortune, Nah, who am I trying to fool! ) :laugh:

5. macky

macky New Member

Lets hope "doc" dosent dicided to reply to this post.....it will be a 10,000 word essay :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

6. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

I could easy knock you into second place Hammy. I have an extensive lists of complete balls ups, broken and lost gear and near death experiences - and all of those came in a single week :wink:

7. fire1160

fire1160 New Member

ok not realy sea anglaing related last year i had my fingers slip towards an 18 pound pikes mouth and bled for blumming ages then same week lost misrabley fishing a match at rushes in hedon then to cap it off took misses fishing n she hit a 9 pound tench whilst i blanked thats why i sea fish so she dont come with me cos shed only put me to shame and she dont like the cold and when she got the tench she had only gone to sunbath so yep been there 2 lol
    :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

8. Nicepix

Nicepix New Member

Went out last week to give the kayak a pre-season shake down cruise on an estuary. First cast with the brand new (cheap) spinning rod ended with a broken section and bird's nest on the multiplier costing thirty yards of line. While I was sorting the spinning tackle out I drifted into the bank and broke the tip off my expensive fly rod. So, I had travelled 70 miles for no fishing and a twenty quid repair bill for the fly-rod.

The time before that I had visited the same venue I arrived to find that I had all my fly-tackle, but no flies. There were fish all over and I couldn't do anything about it.

Does that make you feel better?

9. Hammy

Hammy New Member

Aaaaargh! Wish I'd not asked! Feel guilty for laughing! :laugh: :embarrass:

10. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Been there before matey, for some reason it takes ages for it to stop bleeding when bitten by a Pike :wounded:

11. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

I'm the best at getting snagged up and losing gear, no contest. While Sambo is the best at getting soaked by waves :canadian:

12. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

:laugh: :laugh: What can I say, I'm a natural :cry: :hurt:

13. mouldybits

mouldybits New Member

at least you got dry feet now mate :tease: lol

14. Davo

Davo Rockling

Sam, apparently Pike release an anti coagulant when they bite a prey fish. So thats why its hard to stop the bleeding when you cut yourself when unhooking them.

15. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Here's me thinking I was just a soft shite :embarrass: :death:

16. Nicepix

Nicepix New Member

We have some way to go yet........

http://s275.photobucket.com/albums/jj298/picsofnate/?action=view&current=reasonstokayakfish.flv

17. j sutton

j sutton New Member

tht man wa useless lol

18. langy

langy Rockling

haha :laugh: :laugh: