1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yorkshire Rivers Reports

Discussion in 'North East Fresh Water Fishing' started by bucko, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Dav

Dav Rockling

Sounded like a pleasant few hres out mate . cheers . and best of luck for next time ...

2. seabass

seabass Blenny

[​IMG]

Found this in some flood water that was left after the weekend soon had it netted
    and poped it back in the river to be on it,s way.

It was about a mile down stream of Naburn locks and about 10lb, it looks a bit
    worst for wear but it soon got on it,s way.

3. bucko

bucko New Member

Aye- it does looks a bit bedraggled for such a clean fish.
    Hopefully a bit of 'fresh' through the gills will have sent it happily on its way.

4. seabass

seabass Blenny

I was,nt aware of that i proberly should have keeped my mouth shut

5. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

had a lovely evening on the ure. there was loads of fish rising and i caught 5 or 6 , nothing big, biggest probably 10-12 oz but it was really nice to be on the river again.

here's a few pics, starting with probably the smallest brown trout to ever be caught on fly ! :embarrass: The fly is nearly as big as it!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Dav

Dav Rockling

Nice little session there matty ..

7. Davo

Davo Rockling

Well done Matty. Aye. its a cracking spot that, but i havnt been for a few years now.

8. Dav

Dav Rockling

ive had a couple of little seshes down there . managed to catch a pb brown trout of 2lb 8oz today . and a good perch last week a long with a few nice chubb and browns . today i also had a rainbow trout of around 3lb follow me in and swerve at the last minute. great fishing like , ive got a pic of the brown on me phone ill try and get it uploaded youl be glad to know me face has been missed so dont be to upset lhahaha .... :cheesy:

9. Dav

Dav Rockling

2lb 8oz
    [​IMG]

Half descent perch maybe pushing 2lb max
    [​IMG]

10. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

nice fish dav.. from Kilgram?

11. Davo

Davo Rockling

Nice fish, well done Dave. The light on the brownie make it look like a sea trout.

12. Dav

Dav Rockling

I actually thought it was a seatrout when i hooked it dave , it went like stink . quite ceratin it was a brown tho .

13. Dav

Dav Rockling

Managed to sneak this out of the esk earlier , around 3 1/2lb .

[​IMG]

14. coasty

coasty New Member

I have managed to dodge the rain in the last week or two and get out now and then...

This was the ure last week..I tried all sorts before I realised they were feeding on the aphids coming of the trees. Ended up with about 8 .

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This was the Dove the week before A lovely day of sliding about and climbing in and out of the river.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And the Rye later on that day during the evening evening lots of mayfly hatching but all they wanted was a sodding klinkhammer.......The river looks better than it has done for the last few years the weed is growing ever so well now there is a good flow..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The rye has been barely fishable all season due the water running of....

Just a thought but that Parr on Silver foxes post from the Ure looks awfully like a salmon Parr to me....I have caught quite a few this year....

Andy

15. Dav

Dav Rockling

Nice fishing Andy mate , yeah your right it looks like a salmon parr to me too . not suprised tho .

16. Dav

Dav Rockling

Me and me mate fished one of yorkshires rivers today .Another cracking evening ,the highlight of night tho was me mates 14lb14oz salmon . A Great couple of hours fishing..
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. bucko

bucko New Member

Now that is quality Dav- and we've more water to come this week! :yes:

18. Dav

Dav Rockling

I actually want this river to drop abit lower ian . fish could easily run it through low water or maybe a couple of inches max would be best ...Im sort of peed so far with all this rain . i could do with a dry spell now for a few weeks or so then a lift ... Im missing having a good go for them seatrout at night now ...

19. bucko

bucko New Member

Aye I know mate- every time I've been out there's been a touch too much colour for night fishing and would have been ideal for the crack of dawn.
    But, you can't just drop everything on a work night.
    It'll come good though.

20. jimlad

jimlad Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I'm sure i know that guy...is he a fishmonger by any chance?!