1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yorkshire Pier Advice?

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Pete, Aug 10, 2010.

1. Pete

Pete Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Hello... Which pier in Yorkshire would you recommend for this coming weekend? Spent the day in Whitby last Saturday, and it's triggered an urge to go fishing again [ Haven't been for a few years ]. I'm travelling from Manchester, so anything closer than Whitby on the East coast would be great, but I don't mind going back to Whitby if that's where you guys suggest.

Any help would be much appreciated.
    Pete.

2. BigBen

BigBen New Member

all depends what species you are wanting to target

3. Pete

Hello BigBen. I'll be happy catching mackerel to be honest, anything else would be a bonus!
    Except wrasse, spent two weeks on the Isle of Wight several years ago, two weeks catching nothing but wrasse, and not one bigger than four inch. Our lass cast a rag worm under a float on the last day, and landed a 2.5lb bass. So anywhere that doesn't hold too many wrasse...

Pete.

4. BigBen

BigBen New Member

you have a lot of choice with this one then but all depends like you said on your traveling there is obv whitby, scarborough and filey brigg were you could all easily bag up with mackerel on there day but obv depends on how they are fishing but any of these are good spot's for mackerel :happy:

5. Pete

Thanks again BigBen...I think Whitby could be the winner, as long as I don't spend another hour and half queuing on the A1! It was almost as big as the queue outside the "Magpie".

Thanks for the help.
    Pete.