1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yorkshire Pebble.......

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by set4digital, Nov 6, 2010.

1. set4digital

set4digital Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Hi, I'm buying a 16ft Yorkshire Pebble with a well for the outboard........ it needs a new outboard so do I need to be looking for a short or longshaft........ Your comments would be much appreciated. Steve

2. Fishy Rich

Fishy Rich Guest

long shaft mate, we had one of these boats years ago, great little seaboat. i would imagine you would be needing a 10 - 15 hp

3. willybendit

willybendit Rockling

My Mates put a Honda 15 L/S on Ebay was at £230 last time i looked update just been back on ebay its now at £286 item no 170560074349 tightlines Alain

4. brian carragher

brian carragher Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Yorkshire pebbles don't have outboard wells they have a transom to which you strap on your outboard

You nust be buying a similar type boat but its not a pebble. A pebble will motor quite happily with a 5hp seagull on the back and the majority of pebbles sailed with a 4 or 5 shortshaft seagull, being a displacement boat the hull has a maximum speed regardless of the horsepower of the enginge

I guess though that with the outboard well in the boat you're buying that only a longshaft will work

5. cps

cps Rockling

some pebbles were built at 18ft with the well ,
    slightly heaver built was the tryton cobble [ built at bransburton ] avalble 16ft no well and 18 20 and a few at 24 [ think theres a 24 at hornsea]
    also were the wiglsworth cobbles 16ft built at irton near seamer alot narower and heaver thn the hornsea pebbles crap in a folowing sea

and there end the history leson for the day :happy:

6. ziggy

ziggy luv it fishing

you are a book of knowledge :educated:. you haven't time to be looking on here and giving lessons cps mansion needs finishing

7. fileybrigg

fileybrigg Blenny

How did u get on in blackpool today ziggy boy heard you got yor arse whipped big style :kiss:
    long way to go for 2 fish :educated:

8. ziggy

ziggy luv it fishing

i had a good day. did get my arse whipped by the boy's. but enjoyed it :butt:.
    picked up plenty of dog's. so nothing new there. did you go far today or was that lead to tight. and you had to go shopping instead of fishing like usual :baby: :canadian:

9. filey bouy

filey bouy www.fileylifeboat.co.uk

Wigglesworth are crap in any sea full stop !!

10. smokey

smokey Rockling

Not if you put fixed trim tabs on they don't,a lad who used to fish filey boat club has a pebble that does about 18-20 knots,looks well when doing it as well... tight lines