1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yorkshire Four's

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Slim Jim, Nov 30, 2011.

1. Slim Jim

Slim Jim Blenny

Slim Jim's Hornsea Team fished Phil Frances team last night down on the holderness beaches. After the weather front that came through at about 4pm with torrential rain and gale force winds, I think all the team members were highly relived to be fishing in clear conditions and lighter winds that came by 6pm. In light of the wind and weather all the venue's were in the hornsea region to get some shelter from the elements behind cliffs.
    Sea conditions looked Ok for some decent bags but the fish were difficult to find with only undersize fish showing in the first couple of hours. A few bigger whiting started to show as the tide increased on the ebb so we all had something to weigh in.

Here are the results

M. Colman 4 fish 2lb 12oz V P. Alder 3 fish 1lb 13oz
    M. Wright 4 fish 2lb 5oz V P. France 2 fish 1lb
    M. Salvidge 3 fish 2lb 1oz V W. Terry 4 fish 2lb 13oz
    J. Porter 2 fish 1lb 3oz V F. Barker 2 fish 1lb 1oz

So the Hornsea boys won 3 : 1 on the night (just)

Thank's again to Phil and his team for making the trip down, it was looking like toss of a coin in the pub at 4 oclock !!!

2. Capt Caves Man

Capt Caves Man Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

We also fished our match at home against Chris Scaifes team Meeting at the toll house at 5.45. The rain had just finished and wind easing but still strong colour in the water and a little movement. Kev Thompson had traveled up from Beverley for his first outing of the season and eventually opted to fish Hayburn Wyke with Mal Norris. Mal managed to locate a solitary rockling. Ray Maddison decided to take Ian Sellars all the way to Flamborough citing the less time he fished the better (full of cold thanks for turning out). Quint managed to land a lone billet. Pete Atkinson took Chris Scaife to Cayton catched a 2lb cod with Chris blanking. I decided to take Andy Crowe to my usual Burniston venue and despite excellent conditions the did not show at my distance. Andy however managed to tempt a 5lb cod on one of his long lines. We weighed at the Red Lion at Cloughton as it was club night The odd fish had been caught off the Drive but Andy had the heaviest fish and bag of the night. We all had a good natter and thanks to the landlord for sausage and chips.
    Result
    A Crowe 1 cod 5lb v I Thompson nil
    I Sellars 1 billet 1lb v R Maddison nil
    M Norris 1 rockling 10oz v K Thompson nil
    C Scaife nil v P Atkinson 1 cod 2lb
    Chris's team won 3 to 1

3. lawsy

lawsy Rockling

well done lads who won

4. robq

robq Rockling

well done to all who fished :cool:

Especially the hornsea lads :happy: :happy:

5. Kevin Thompson

Kevin Thompson New Member

Good luck for the next round Chris's team and thanks for an enjoyable night's fishing, conversation and food! Like Ian said it was my first (and possibly only) outing of the season but I thoroughly enjoyed it!! :yes:

6. clifftoprunner1

clifftoprunner1 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

we fishing our 4,s tues nite against mmw,s team hope there,s something to catch
    pete

7. mww

mww Rockling

Pete Clifftoprunner might be along soon with the full weights, but just to get the result in early....

Unfortunately my lot made our annual first round exit at the hands of Pete's lads

Mark Thomas 2lbish bt me (mww) nowt.. :cry:
    Luke Ingle 12lb beat Pete Bates 8lb
    Clifftoprunner 1lbish lost to Dave Cross 5lb
    Matty Hillaby 29lb odd (yes...6 fish for 29lb odd!! :surprise:) beat Dave Bielby 1lbish

Resounding 3-1 win.

Well done lads, good luck in the next round!!

Mart

8. clifftoprunner1

clifftoprunner1 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

fished our 4,s last nite

p.dunn 4lb lost to d.cross 5lb

l.ingle 12lb beat p.bayes 8lb

m.thomas 1lb beat m.wilding nil

m.hillaby 29lb beat d.beilby 1lb

we won 3-1
    well done to matty on a great bag 6 fish for 29lb biggest 7lb 4oz

pete

9. lawsy

lawsy Rockling

ha ha 29lb to 1lb wat ya playing at its like the first time i ever fished 4s against ray mad when he had a bag full and 1 of 13lb and i got nout

10. cps

cps Rockling

a few good bags last night
    whitby b team also beat jez robinsons team last night ,me and ian t have just done the draw so the semi final is as follows

whitby at home to hornsea [late night for them :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:]

me and my mob are at home to petes boys i hope matys used all his luck up :scare: :scare: