1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yorkshire Esk

Discussion in 'North East Fresh Water Fishing' started by lochbois, Oct 31, 2009.

1. lochbois

lochbois Guest

Another year has gone and i didnt get round to fishing at Glazedale.
    I last fished there when i wasnt old enough to have a driveing licence and got the train there.
    The fishing licence was a big lump of paper with plenty of reading on it.
    Nothing much has been reported on the Esk this season . Did the Esk get a better run of sea-trout than the Wear . I had three and lost three on the Wear . Im now hopeing 2010 will be a bit more sea-trout friendly.
    I will have to find out how to get to Eskdale i used to cycle their when i was a member of Stockton Wheelers . Used to love them big banks at Commondale and Birk -Brow. :happy: PB

2. fish eye cam

fish eye cam Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

yes is there much fish in the river esk as i live quite close to the river. but i hvent yet to discover a fish in the river please can u help me ?

3. Benq23

Benq23 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

which stretch of the river are you close to mate?

4. bucko

bucko New Member

Well you'll have to wait until next year now as the season finished on Saturday.
    It seems that the salmon weren't there in as good numbers as previous years (and were late) but the sea trout stock remains strong.
    As with many previous years, the late season rains arrived just after the seasons end so I imagine a lot of fish would be running between now and Christmas. At least it means they get to spawn undisturbed.

5. fish eye cam

fish eye cam Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

i live near the ruswarp is there many fish knocking around there as i heard that alot of sea troat came up i hve been down there few times but never had bite but always seen them jumping . whats the best thing to catch troat with ?wouldnt mind some tips . write back

6. bucko

bucko New Member

Read this Fish Eye.
    But remember, the season doesn't start until April 2010.
    http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/river-esk-fishing.php