1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yorkshire Coast - Where To Fish This Week Wahoo - 24 hour fishing pass granted !

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by corkyballs, Oct 26, 2008.

1. corkyballs

corkyballs Blenny

I must have done something right as I've been granted 24 hours leave by SWMBO. So what should I do and where should I go.

Leave starts at 5pm on Wednesday. I'm a complete novice at beach fishing but I'm keen, tackled up and ready to go.

I can fish anywhere from Saltburn down to Chapel Point would even jump on a charter if there was one going out.

What would you do ?

2. smokey

smokey Rockling

Re: Wahoo - 24 hour fishing pass granted !

Pick your venue very carefully pal because come wednesday there will be a big sea running,just bear this in mind when choosing.If you are a novice you could do worse than fish somewhere like Runswick,easy access,easy fishing and on it's night a very good venue.The trade offs being it will be busy due to the easy access and it can be a very weedy place,but if you persevere,there should be a codling or 2 about...tight lines :happy:

3. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Re: Wahoo - 24 hour fishing pass granted !

Yes Marts right. If the seas as big as forecast you will need to select one of the more sheltered marks. Runswick will be busy although could be good if the weed situation is right. My suggestions would be : Port Mulgrave, Runswick, Robin hoods bay, Jacksons Bay, Scarborough North Bay, or some of the marks around south Scarborugh and Cayton.

Good luck