1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yorkshire Coast, Where To Fish The Ebb Tide - Fishing down tide?

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by BOOMSTICK, Jan 17, 2010.

1. BOOMSTICK

BOOMSTICK Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Me and captain cod eye are going on another magical adventure to fish h/w down but a bit unsure on were fish best on the ebb not that any were has been producing

2. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Re: Fishing down tide?

Well the lack of fish this year is why you arent doing so well. Spots for ebb tide include

Sandsend Cliffs (High to 2 hours before low)
    Stiathes Cliffs (High to 2 hours before low)
    Runswick Beach (2 hours after high down to low)
    Port Jetty (2 hours after high down to low)
    Saltwick
    Robin Hoods Bay Wall (High to 2 hours before low)
    Robin hoods Bay Scars (3 hours before low)
    Whitby West fishes on the ebb sometimes (Its best to be on the stone wall or corner of the extension and work your way to middle lifebelt. Aim to fish in the very back end of the white water.)
    Scarborough Marine Drive (Coffee pot corner on a big tide)
    Whitby east pier (High to 2 hours before low)
    Whitby Beach (East row High to 2 hours into ebb) (Upgang-Newholme beck 2 hours after high down to low)
    Cloughton Wyke
    North Hawsker Can produce about 3 hours into ebb
    Castle Chambers area if your prepared to drop down that horrible rope.
    Kettleness beach is an excellent ebb tide shot.
    Back Of Wills Mums At Runswick.
    Goldsborough (Ive seen some really big bags out of here from 2 hours after high)
    Fillet Tale (Down the ladder)

A general pattern for marks that fish on the ebb is that you get fish at the start of the ebb, then maybe a quiet spell and then a good flourish well into the ebb. Often you get lots of bites when the water has all but gone. Sometimes you will strike the lead out of the water and hooking fish at this point can become difficult and bloody frustrating. White water can be your friend, especially on shallow scars.

3. BOOMSTICK

BOOMSTICK Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Re: Fishing down tide?

Cheers for that info glen. think the way things are looking im going to be scratchin for any thing that will take it. if any thing will

4. THE DOLPHIN

THE DOLPHIN Rockling

Thank,s for the info Glen I was just wondering where to go after tea this week to waste some time. So I did a search ebb tides and this come up there,s quit a few options there.
    Well where should I go ?
    Chris

5. Baramundi Bob

Its all down to conditions. All those marks will produce on the ebb. All at different times of year, tide state and swell state. What day will you be going and what conditions ??

6. THE DOLPHIN

THE DOLPHIN Rockling

Alright Glenn I,m thinking of going tonight but are definitely going tomorrow night about 7 ish. Any help would be great as I,v had nowt really since starting back in November. Cheers chris

7. Baramundi Bob

Tonight,

Most things look right for Whitby east pier. Aim to get there for high or just beforeand fish until 2 hours before low. Start at the second wall or the red darlick. Use a gripper to deal with the tidal pull which should ease about 90 minutes after high.