1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yorkshire Coast Tunny Fishing

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Aug 10, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

The Tunny club was opposite the Newcastle packet. Lorenzo Said that the majority of fish they caught should not have been registered as an angling catch "Due to unsporting methods employed". Typical Scarborough I must add :wink:.

2. Baramundi Bob

Hi Rupert,

There is interesting mention of the north sea porbeagle population, which, would you believe it, are described as a pest fish.

3. Baramundi Bob

Has anyone got any pictures on this topic they could scan in for us please? I know Eric Wilson had a pic of the world record fish.

4. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

Sorry the pictures are not better but took picture of a picture.
    [​IMG]
    This is a tunny swivel. It's 3 inch long and weighs 2.5oz

[​IMG]
    Tunny hook. And the hook with it is a 6/0

[​IMG]
    The numbers on the tunny are there weight. Sorry its not right way round.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Landing the beast in a rowing boat

[​IMG]
    Not a bad days fishing
    Hope this bloody works

5. willybendit

willybendit Rockling

Hi John not to bad a picture have a look on google tunny fishing scarborough came up with all sorts thanks for posting

6. rupert

rupert Blenny

Well as we approach the traditional Tunny season, I shall look forward to a nuisance Bluefin when sharking over the next few weeks!

7. mick webster

mick webster Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Theres' only one nuisance you should try to avoid Rupert and thats' WILLYBENDIT, cavorting about in his sea jeep!

8. DiscoMick

DiscoMick Eat Fishing, Sleep Fishing, Drink BEER

It just bring's it home once again what damage man can do in less than a century to something that's been around for thousands of years..tragic..will we ever learn? i doubt it :scared:

9. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Didn't one of the Tuna Records not stand because they included the weight of the rope, on which it was hung as they weighed it?

Loved the climmer footage. I never realised that any existed, only old photo's. How things have changed since then. He would recieve death threats and have petrol poured through his letterbox (if he had one) for squaring two birds up like that nowadays.

10. shammy67

shammy67 only dead fish go with the flow

have the herring shoals recovered enough to attract the monsters back i wonder?
    would take a brave man and a bloody fast boat to find out i guess! would'nt it be awesome to see such fish caught off our glorious coast once more.