1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yorkshire Coast RNLI Paddle 2010

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by carpyken, Aug 7, 2010.

1. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Hi all, on the last weekend of this month - the August Bank Holiday a group of us sea kayakers are going to attempt to paddle the main extent of the Yorkshire coast over a period of three days, wild camping at the base of the cliffs as and were necessary. Putting in at Saltburn and paddling down to South Landing we will be visiting many of the lifeboat stations on the way.

Of course to give some justification to this tom-foolery we thought it would be a great idea to raise funds for the RNLI.

So yes I know things are tight at the moment but please if you can, please donate just a few quid to the 'Just Giving' page I have set up. Every little helps and the RNLI do such a fantastic job looking after all us sea users.

http://www.justgiving.com/YorkshireCoastPaddle2010

Many, many thanks for your support.

Ken

2. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Excellent idea Ken and sounds like it'll be good fun, only wish I had a sea touring yak. Will make a donation once I have been paid for the few jobs I'm working on. Good luck.

3. newdave

newdave Guest

yep I will be doing that one, taking a rod as well. seriously could be done in a fishing kayak 90km in total.

4. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Have you looked any further at the tidal planning of it Dave? Quite looking forward to it :cheesy:

Thank you Andy, that was a very kind donation, come on guys, only has to be a couple of quid, year before last when I did the Eddystone challenge I raised £955, really want to beat that this year :cheesy:

http://www.justgiving.com/YorkshireCoastPaddle2010

Ken

5. carpyken

carpyken New Member

6. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Thank you so much all those that have given so far :cheesy:

7. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Thank you guys :cheesy:

8. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Thank you so much you lot, really cannot get over your generosity, every one of you. . . . . thank you :happy:

9. andym

andym Rockling

Donation sent mate hope you get some good weather for it and it's for a very deserving cause! :yes:

10. willybendit

willybendit Rockling

Hi Ken how are you getting all the yaks and gear to saltburn should you neen a van i have that xlwb sprinter and a 16ft x 6ft5ins flatbed trailer dont now how many of you there will but if i can help i will see you friday night we ll have a chat regards Alain (www.dashaulage.co.uk) have a look at the pictures section you will see van & trailer

11. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Thanks Alain, thats very kind. Think we are ok though as we doing it with the Ast Barnaby Outdoor Centre and they have mini-buses and trailers. But if that falls through will definately give you a shout. Again thanks to all those that keep adding to the total, its all really appreciated.

Ken

12. newdave

newdave Guest

were started to get really excited about this, spent some time today trying to work out what we need to support ourselves for 3 days, packing the yak buying more essential stuff :whatever: checking forecasts. currently Monday is looking pretty bad so we have made a decision to set off Friday morning. & I know we said Saltburn, :butt: we will actually be launching from Skinnigrove about 10:00 am if any wants to wave us off :wink: got a rod & some gear so will be hoping to snaffle a bass for the BBQ as we pass runswick :happy:

13. filey bouy

filey bouy www.fileylifeboat.co.uk

Spawney and Ken called at Filey they have just left around 4pm heading for the Reighton Gap area of the bay to camp for the night, they camped at stoop beck last night. Having restocked their beer collection, the plan was to set off early from Reighton on Sunday morning to make it around the head before the wind went north westerly .

14. newdave

newdave Guest

OK we made it, got into South landing at 09:30 whilst the wind was still only westerly force 7 as opposed to the 9 that's here now :crazy:
    we got a great reception from the crew of the boat at the landing then went for a mega breakfast & home for a much needed shower. thanks for all the donations, Its still not too late to push it past our target. can just about raise my arms to type at the moment & feeling an afternoon on the sofa coming on. got lots of photos & will put up a post as soon as possible.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. PNGWIN

PNGWIN New Member

Well done all. Looking forward to the report.

16. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

Bloody fantastic , what a great way to raise mony for a fantastic organisation,
    looking forward to a report after your well earned rest , well done to all involved, :yes: